Problem downloading the updates.

Problem downloading the updates.

Postby matthewatlants » 16.04.2020, 22:43

Hello,
Had the following problem with the old software version when i was trying to download all the updates for windows 8.1. The software got stuck and it look like the software could not cope with all the updates been download from the server, and when it came to installing the updates Wsusoffline tool got stuck halfway though installing the update and went no further. So had to use windows update to get windows 8.1 up to date.
If I use version 12 of wsusoffline tool will I get the same problem.
Can someone let me know
Thanks
Matthew
matthewatlants

Re: Problem downloading the updates.

Postby aker » 17.04.2020, 01:33

So you say, you have two problems with wsusou.
1) Not downloading all updates
2) Not installing all updates.

Could you provide the content of two files here:
1) from your wsusou folder: .\log\download.log
2) from a device, you tried to update using wsusou: C:\Windows\wsusofflineupdate.log (assuming Windows is installed on your C:\ drive)

Also I‘d like to Get some more information about wsusou getting „stuck“. (Remember: Depending on the update an the computer‘s speed some updates take > 1 hour to install. That‘s not wsusou‘s fault).
1) Which line did the cmd window get stuck at? Could you provide a screenshot? Is there any CPU/HDD/Network activity in the Task Manager?
2) Please copy the content inside the cmd windows (right-click -> mark; select everything, right-click -> copy) and post it here. Is there any CPU/HDD activity in the Task Manager and which process causes it (e.g. TrustedInstaller, TiWorker, svchost, cscript, hashdeep/hashdeep64, wuauclt, ...)?
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Postby matthewatlants » 17.04.2020, 10:11

Hello,
Thanks for getting back to me, I will download and run version 12.0 and download all the updates again, and let you know the outcome.
Thanks
Matthew
matthewatlants

Postby matthewatlants » 23.04.2020, 16:01

Hello,
have use the tool again and download all the updates for windows 8.1 and this went fine, I am having a clear out and found on my USB hard a load of updates for windows 8.1 and these installed no problem, these updates were missing from the tool,
any help would be great.
Thanks
Matthew
matthewatlants

Postby aker » 25.04.2020, 00:02

Which updates are missing?

Most likely it is caused by this:
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=172

But, if you could provide a list of the "missing" updates we can check them.
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Return to Download