40 updates missing

40 updates missing

Postby netmgr » 07.01.2014, 18:07

ive ran wsusoffline update and applied them to an image and when I come to run windows update it states 40 are missing

Ive checked the w61\glb folder and sure enough they aren't there.

What gives?
netmgr

Re: 40 updates missing

Postby aker » 07.01.2014, 18:21

At first, please take a look at this topic:
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=172

Are your updates security relevant?
If they are security relevant, please post a screenshot of the updates windows update lists as missing.
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Postby netmgr » 07.01.2014, 23:26

aker wrote:At first, please take a look at this topic:
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=172

Think this should be made more prominent on the home page as it seems myself and others are spending time on a a product that doesn't seem to do what it first appears.
netmgr

Postby Denniss » 08.01.2014, 09:01

It does exactly what it's supposed to do.
Denniss

Postby netmgr » 08.01.2014, 10:10

Denniss wrote:It does exactly what it's supposed to do.

With all due respect, It says on the front page 'Using "WSUS Offline Update", you can update any computer running Microsoft Windows and Office safely, quickly and without an Internet connection. '

Clearly this is not what happens if it skips all the important updates.
netmgr

Postby Denniss » 08.01.2014, 11:23

M$ considers these "important" updates not important enough to include them in their WSUS update database file. With WOU you receive all up-to-date patches to get your OS up to the latest patch level. You also have an option to manually add any update you miss/want.
Denniss

Postby netmgr » 08.01.2014, 12:25

I'm aware now of the reasons, I'm just pointing out that as a newcomer to this product It appeared to have a fault and I spent hours fault finding why updates were missing - it may seem obvious now the reason why but initially It wasn't - Hense why I think it would be good to update the product description to clearly state what it does and does not update.
netmgr

Postby Cababs » 10.01.2014, 16:27

I understand what the last comment is saying about this program, but I had been reading the fourm for about 3 months and using WOU for almost a year before joining.

If something doesnt work or can be made to work better, the online community (us) fits into the role of "patcher" although even with this method there are somethings that i cant download this way, most are .NET updates. For some reason Microsoft makes it difficult to get the download links for these.

All said and done this is a brilliant peice of software. it is a time saver (and bandwidth saver) when it comes to repairing/reinstalling windows in your own bedroom especailly if you got 5 pcs/laptops to do! :)
Notable Achievements
CompTIA A+
HNC Computing
Cababs

Return to Fehlende Updates / Missing updates