linux downloader, dependencies, errors and choices

linux downloader, dependencies, errors and choices

Postby Snigel » 10.03.2011, 10:59

dependencies
Instead of showing one missing dependency at a time it would be nice if the shell script could look for all missing dependencies at once and show them, so one does not have to either run the shell script many times or look at its source code to get all depencies.

Choices
When choosing OS-version there are options for all 32bit, all 64bit but not all OSes, it would make sense to have that option.
Same goes for languages, there should be some way to add more than one language.

When choosing language, the languages are not in order by their initial letter.

It would be great with default choices, on every setting, not only proxy, so that the program doesn't shut down if I press enter on any of the choices after language.Or if not default choises, make it remember my last settings.

Running
There are also some with running the script. If I invoke it with sh or bash instead of chmod +x and then ./ it gives a lots of errors. More information in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=891

Output
what is "win" here? :
Determining update URLs for w2k3 sve...
Determining update URLs for win sve...

Sometimes it list how to install dependencies for debian/ubuntu and sometimes just for debian, even if it works fine for ubuntu too.

Source
Why is it called Vista w60 and W7 w61 when you call earlier versions by their name?
It would make sense to use number variables for all OS's such as wxp w51 w2k3 w52 and so on.

It would be great if the comments inside the file are in English, since the output from the file is in English.

Errors
Running all x64 with Swedish as language I get the following error
cp: kan inte ta status på "../temp/Urls-w2k3-x64-sve.txt": Filen eller katalogen finns inte

a rough translation is
cp: could not get status for "../temp/Urls-w2k3-x64-sve.txt": the file or folder does not exist

I also get a lot of these
../client/wsus/wsusscn2_1.cab: WARNING; possible 5968 extra bytes at end of file.
Snigel

Re: linux downloader, dependencies, errors and choices

Postby cristobal » 08.08.2011, 15:59

<possible spam removed>

I am new and am also getting the following error:
cp: kan inte ta status på "../temp/Urls-w2k3-x64-sve.txt": Filen eller katalogen finns inte

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Warm regards,

G.C.
cristobal

Postby WSUSUpdateAdmin » 09.08.2011, 07:17

Hi and welcome, cristobal,

that's because there's no Swedish version of Server 2003 x64...

Regards
Torsten Wittrock
WSUSUpdateAdmin
Administrator

Postby cristobal » 09.08.2011, 16:06

WSUSUpdateAdmin wrote:<possible spam removed>
Hi and welcome, cristobal,

that's because there's no Swedish version of Server 2003 x64...

Regards
Torsten Wittrock

Well that makes sense then.
Thanks for responding so quickly.
cristobal

Return to Linux