DirectX 9.29.1973 Redistributable

DirectX 9.29.1973 Redistributable

Postby Beerate » 11.01.2011, 19:20

hello,

New version of Direct X has just been released. hope this will be added to WOU new version.

p.s.

I just finish download all updates for win xp sp2 - WOU folder has 2,8 GB !!! It's just wrong that microsoft didnt release xp SP 4...

thank's for attention ;]
Last edited by Beerate on 12.01.2011, 17:24, edited 1 time in total.
Beerate
 

Re: DirectX 9.29.1973 Redistributable

Postby Denniss » 11.01.2011, 20:33

I have only seen an updated webinstaller so far. The only new thing was an included Bingbar installer (I'd call this adware).
Denniss
 
Posts: 868
Joined: 01.08.2009, 10:51

Re: DirectX 9.29.1973 Redistributable

Postby boco » 11.01.2011, 22:18

According to Microsoft, the latest Redist is still June 2010. The dxwebsetup.exe file from november is not a redist. All solutions integrated into WSUSOU must be entirely self-contained. No downloads from the web are allowed, as WSUSOU is meant for PCs which have not (yet) been connected to the internet.
Microsoft update catalog: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/
Windows Install media download: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media
boco
 
Posts: 2279
Joined: 24.11.2009, 17:00
Location: Germany

Re: DirectX 9.29.1973 Redistributable

Postby Denniss » 12.01.2011, 06:51

Ihad tested the November webinstaller which had previously been updated with the June2010 files, neither on XP, 2k3, Vista nor on 7 was anything installed. Just the new bing bar installer popped up.
Denniss
 
Posts: 868
Joined: 01.08.2009, 10:51

Re: DirectX 9.29.1973 Redistributable

Postby Beerate » 12.01.2011, 17:23

Thx for testing that Denniss and for reply, thanks bocco for reply too. One more thing, excuse me if i'm wrong but yesterday i run wou on WXP sp2 plk and i saw that wou installed windows installer v3 and than rest of updates. Isnt 4.5 the newest version of windows installer ?
Beerate
 

Re: DirectX 9.29.1973 Redistributable

Postby WSUSUpdateAdmin » 12.01.2011, 17:37

Beerate wrote:[...]and i saw that wou installed windows installer v3 and than rest of updates. Isnt 4.5 the newest version of windows installer ?

Yes, and that's exactly the version WOU installs. Pls. see you log (%SystemRoot%\wsusofflineupdate.log):

Code: Select all
21.06.2010  9:40:08,54 - Info: Found Microsoft Windows version 5.1.2600 (wxp x86 deu sp2)
21.06.2010  9:40:08,54 - Info: Found Windows Installer version 3.0.3790.2180
[...]
21.06.2010  9:56:45,77 - Info: Installed ..\wxp\deu\WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-DEU.exe
[...]
20.12.2010  9:29:35,08 - Info: Found Microsoft Windows version 5.1.2600 (wxp x86 deu sp3)
20.12.2010  9:29:35,08 - Info: Found Windows Installer version 3.1.4001.5512
[...]
20.12.2010  9:30:12,78 - Info: Installed ..\wxp\glb\WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe
[...]
20.12.2010  9:35:44,35 - Info: Found Microsoft Windows version 5.1.2600 (wxp x86 deu sp3)
20.12.2010  9:35:44,35 - Info: Found Windows Installer version 4.5.6001.22159
[...]


RTW
WSUSUpdateAdmin
Administrator
 
Posts: 2245
Joined: 07.07.2009, 14:38

Re: DirectX 9.29.1973 Redistributable

Postby Beerate » 12.01.2011, 19:48

WSUSUpdateAdmin wrote:
Beerate wrote:[...]and i saw that wou installed windows installer v3 and than rest of updates. Isnt 4.5 the newest version of windows installer ?

Yes, and that's exactly the version WOU installs. Pls. see you log (%SystemRoot%\wsusofflineupdate.log):

Code: Select all
21.06.2010 9:40:08,54 - Info: Found Microsoft Windows version 5.1.2600 (wxp x86 deu sp2)
21.06.2010 9:40:08,54 - Info: Found Windows Installer version 3.0.3790.2180
[...]
21.06.2010 9:56:45,77 - Info: Installed ..\wxp\deu\WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-DEU.exe
[...]
20.12.2010 9:29:35,08 - Info: Found Microsoft Windows version 5.1.2600 (wxp x86 deu sp3)
20.12.2010 9:29:35,08 - Info: Found Windows Installer version 3.1.4001.5512
[...]
20.12.2010 9:30:12,78 - Info: Installed ..\wxp\glb\WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe
[...]
20.12.2010 9:35:44,35 - Info: Found Microsoft Windows version 5.1.2600 (wxp x86 deu sp3)
20.12.2010 9:35:44,35 - Info: Found Windows Installer version 4.5.6001.22159
[...]


RTW


Ok, next time i will select option to make log and check this (and another one thing - wou downloads 209 global updates and 109 local - plk. But i only saw the installation of polish, maybe i didnt saw that). But of coz i believe You. :) It's really great and useful soft. Now only install save as pdf plugin for office 2007, flash, java etc. and i will have all.
Beerate
 

Re: DirectX 9.29.1973 Redistributable

Postby WSUSUpdateAdmin » 12.01.2011, 20:34

Beerate wrote:Ok, next time i will select option to make log[...]

There's not option to "make log". It'll be created anyway.
I just suggested to have a look at the log before you claim to have installed an antiquated version...

RTW
WSUSUpdateAdmin
Administrator
 
Posts: 2245
Joined: 07.07.2009, 14:38

Re: DirectX 9.29.1973 Redistributable

Postby Beerate » 12.01.2011, 22:18

WSUSUpdateAdmin wrote:
Beerate wrote:Ok, next time i will select option to make log[...]

There's not option to "make log". It'll be created anyway.
I just suggested to have a look at the log before you claim to have installed an antiquated version...

RTW


ok, so where can i find a log file ?
Beerate
 

Re: DirectX 9.29.1973 Redistributable

Postby -Iwan- » 12.01.2011, 22:33

Please read the posts again and then you will find the answer, but this evening i'm happy and so....
The log will be saved here: %SystemRoot%\wsusofflineupdate.log
%SystemRoot% is your Windows directory, f.e. on XP it's normally C:\Windows.
-Iwan-
 
Posts: 364
Joined: 02.11.2009, 17:49
Location: NRW, Germany

Next

Return to Fehlende Updates / Missing updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests