.NET Framework

.NET Framework

Postby Delp » 07.10.2016, 07:24

Since I started using wsus to get the win updates for a win7 - 64x computer, I don't find that any of the .NET Frameworks have been installed. How can I get these?
Delp

Re: .NET Framework

Postby harry » 07.10.2016, 10:17

.NET Framework 3.5.1 is part of Windows 7 and activated by default, if not you can change it with "Windows-Funktionen aktivieren oder deaktivieren" (de), see screenshot:

For .NET Framework 4.6.2 please mark "Include C++ Runtime and .NET Frameworks" ["C++-Laufzeitbibliotheken und .NET Frameworks einschließen"] in UpdateGenerator.exe and start a new download. (For other languages than english or german refer .\doc\faq-enu.txt.)
In UpdateInstaller.exe mark "Install .NET Framework 4.6.2" [".NET Framework 4.6.2 installieren"].
harry

Postby Delp » 21.11.2016, 15:02

Thanks for your response,

I went to Windows Funtionenen aktivieren oder deaktivieren.
(sorry, I'm a little confused which language I'm in here)

I found 2 references to .NET in this activation/deactivation window:

Under Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 there are two choices: in short form WCF-HTTP und WCF-Non-HTTP

Farther down there is a choice for .NET-Umgebung under Windoes-Prozessaktivierungsdienst

None of these refer to the choices you list which include C++ Runtime etc, so I wondered if these are choices that are supposed to be made through Windows-Funktionen aktivieren/deaktivieren or if these are choices that are made somewhere in wsus?
Delp

Postby boco » 21.11.2016, 22:14

.NET 3.5.1 is part of Windows 7. It has to be enabled/disabled through Windows Features. By default, it is enabled. WSUSOU downloads and installs updates for it.

.NET 4.6.2 is NOT a native part of Windows 7. The "Include C++ Runtime and .NET Frameworks" option is in the WSUSOU UpdateGenerator, checking it will enable download of the .NET 4.6.2 installation package.
Enable "Install .NET Framework 4.6.2" in the UpdateInstaller later, to have the .NET 4.6.2 package installed to the target system. It will then be updated automatically by WSUSOU.
Microsoft update catalog: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/
Windows Install media download: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media
boco

Return to Fehlende Updates / Missing updates