Please add an option to reboot after install updates

Please add an option to reboot after install updates

Postby ElEsteban » 23.12.2017, 00:05

Hello, I have seen the option /shutdown in DoUpdate.cmd, but I can add the /reboot option to FINISH_MODE. I use the /autoreboot option when installing updates and windows offline update restart when necessary, but can I add this option to restart when the Windows offline update completes its work? Thanks: D
ElEsteban

Re: Please add an option to reboot after install updates

Postby Dalai » 24.12.2017, 14:46

Well, I don't know why you need this, but you can solve this yourself. Don't use /autoreboot, instead make use of wsusoffline\client\cmd\custom\FinalizationHook.cmd (rename from FinalizationHook.cmdt) where you can add something like this:
Code: Select all
@echo off
%SystemRoot%\system32\shutdown.exe /r /t 15 /c "Shutdown initiated by WSUS Offline Update"

Regards
Dalai
Dalai

Postby ElEsteban » 25.12.2017, 00:35

Thank you, but can I make use of the FinalizationHook and the /autoreboot at the same time? This file must be in this place "wsusoffline\client\cmd\custom\" or must be in "wsusoffline\client\cmd\"?

I think that some updates that cant be installed along with other updates at the same time, need to use the /autoreboot option to continue installing...

I need the reboot opcion after install updates, because the computers I install some programs after the updates and I think they fail or ask for reboot because of a recently installed software...

Thank a lot ;)
ElEsteban

Postby Dalai » 25.12.2017, 02:14

ElEsteban wrote:Thank you, but can I make use of the FinalizationHook and the /autoreboot at the same time?

This should work when you increase the timeout in the example above so that the /autoreboot option is executed before the FinalizationHook reboots the system.

This file must be in this place "wsusoffline\client\cmd\custom\" or must be in "wsusoffline\client\cmd\"?

The former.

I need the reboot opcion after install updates, because the computers I install some programs after the updates and I think they fail or ask for reboot because of a recently installed software...

Well, then reboot the system when the software has been installed correctly, perhaps even in an automated way. In general, the system doesn't need a reboot when WSUS Offline didn't install anything.

Regards
Dalai
Dalai

Postby ElEsteban » 26.12.2017, 11:20

Thank you Dalai, with this instruccions is working fine. :D :D
ElEsteban

Return to Anregungen / Suggestions