PCs With Identical MS Updates Applied.

PCs With Identical MS Updates Applied.

Postby Hoangnguyen » 06.09.2019, 10:53

We have 15 Win 7/32 PCs that are being maintained with the identical MS updates every 3-6 months. The listed IDs of missing and installed update scanning function of the install program is creating a downtime that is too long for my critical uptime application.

In our test lab I can run the WSUS install program without any production downtime but rolling the updates out to the 15 PCs will cause PC and production downtime for a 24/7 application. Since WSUS Offline completed in our test lab produces a list of installed MSUs and KBs that will be identical to what will need to be installed in the 15 production PCs is there a way to install only the list created in the lab and skip the listed IDs of missing and installed update scanning? example: install only MS updates without any WSUS Offline missing/installed scanning being done in each of the 15 production PCs..,.
Hoangnguyen

Re: PCs With Identical MS Updates Applied.

Postby mirror176 » 10.10.2019, 12:14

If no one else has a better solution, you could probably use a log of a run to create a list of updates to install and just try to batch file it yourself as a closest attempt at skipping any checking stage. I presume manually adding the updates as a list to wsusoffline would lead to it still firing up the usual update checking routines.
mirror176

Re: PCs With Identical MS Updates Applied.

Postby aker » 10.10.2019, 21:31

Sorry for the really really late reply.

If I sum it up, you want to get the list of required updates for a maching, where you don't have the computing power to run wsusoffline on.
If you want to, just take a look at C:\Windows\wsusofflineupdate.log and install the same updates on your target machine as you installed on your test copy.
Be warned, that it might be possible,that the systems don#t get fully updated, even when capturing the updates on a machine with identical updates applied.
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Return to Installation / Updating