active directory wsusoffline

active directory wsusoffline

Postby rog » 18.06.2018, 10:58

Hello.

I have two big network witch samba4 as active directory.
Last time i disabled automatic windows update on all windows 10 and windows 7 workstations.
I'm trying to use wsusoffline as local repository for my active directory network. Is it possible to
use gpo regulation for deploy wsusoffline on all computers in my active directory domain ?
rog

Re: active directory wsusoffline

Postby Dalai » 18.06.2018, 14:36

You don't need to deploy WSUS Offline to the clients. Just create some network share on the DC (or any other machine where your WOU is located), map this network share to some drive letter on the clients, and then run wsusoffline\client\Update.cmd with the required command line switches to install updates. Note that you must map the network drive and run Update.cmd on the clients as administrator. You can also create your own script based on Update.cmd that already contains the switches. And, lastly, this script may be used in some GPO or something.

That's the general way we use at work, too, although we have some AutoIt wrapper script around WOU to do some stuff like copying wsusofflineupdate.log from the clients to the server, saving the date of the last update installation and so on.

Regards
Dalai
Dalai

Return to Installation / Updating