[solved] BUG IE9 Dutch

[solved] BUG IE9 Dutch

Postby pcke » 20.03.2011, 11:42

If I check the Dutch updates in the UpdateGenerator the German version of IE9 is downloaded (deu).

If I run the client there appears a message that IE9-nld is not found. This happens in windows vista and windows 7.
pcke

Re: BUG IE9 Dutch

Postby harry » 20.03.2011, 12:35

Welcome pcke!

Copy the following lines to a file Prepare-nld.cmd and save it in your WSUSOU directory (the one with UpdateGenerator.exe).
Run it once. (there is absolutly no error handling!)

Code: Select all
@echo off
cd /D "%~dp0"

set LNG=nld

REM language specific files for .NET
type .\static\StaticDownloadLinks-dotnet-x64-%LNG%.txt | find "dotNetFx40LP_Full_" >> .\static\custom\StaticDownloadLinks-dotnet.txt
type .\static\StaticDownloadLinks-dotnet-x64-%LNG%.txt | find "dotnetfx35langpack_x64" >> .\static\custom\StaticDownloadLinks-dotnet-x64-glb.txt
type .\static\StaticDownloadLinks-dotnet-x86-%LNG%.txt | find "dotnetfx35langpack_x86" >> .\static\custom\StaticDownloadLinks-dotnet-x86-glb.txt

REM language specific files for MSSE
type .\static\StaticDownloadLinks-msse-x64-%LNG%.txt >> .\static\custom\StaticDownloadLinks-msse-x64-glb.txt
type .\static\StaticDownloadLinks-msse-x86-%LNG%.txt >> .\static\custom\StaticDownloadLinks-msse-x86-glb.txt

REM language specific files for Vista
type .\static\StaticDownloadLinks-ie8-w60-x64-%LNG%.txt >> .\static\custom\StaticDownloadLinks-w60-x64-glb.txt
type .\static\StaticDownloadLinks-ie8-w60-x86-%LNG%.txt >> .\static\custom\StaticDownloadLinks-w60-x86-glb.txt

REM language specific files for Windows 7
type .\static\StaticDownloadLinks-ie9-w61-x64-%LNG%.txt >> .\static\custom\StaticDownloadLinks-w61-x64-glb.txt
type .\static\StaticDownloadLinks-ie9-w61-x86-%LNG%.txt >> .\static\custom\StaticDownloadLinks-w61-x86-glb.txt

harry

Postby bartgrefte » 15.01.2012, 11:53

pcke wrote:If I check the Dutch updates in the UpdateGenerator the German version of IE9 is downloaded (deu).

If I run the client there appears a message that IE9-nld is not found. This happens in windows vista and windows 7.

Where did you do that? I can't find a setting to download Dutch updates for Windows 7, I only see an option for global/multilingual updates, which downloads IE9 in German and English, but not in Dutch or any other language (looks the same with MSSE, also German and English install files, not Dutch). Not sure if this is the same issue.

This is with version 7.2.
bartgrefte

Postby harry » 15.01.2012, 12:12

Welcome bartgrefte!

Please see ...\doc\faq-enu.txt:
Q: I miss IEx, .NET and MSSE installation files for my language. Why aren't they downloaded and what can I do to have them downloaded?
A: Since Service Packs and updates for Windows Vista / 7 / Server 2008(R2) are multilingual, there's no 24-language selection table for these platforms, so by default, only the English and German versions of those localized installation packages for IEx, .NET and MSSE will be downloaded.
To have your favorite locale(s) downloaded in addition, you may use the ...\cmd\AddCustomLanguageSupport.cmd script.
harry

Postby bartgrefte » 15.01.2012, 20:17

I just tried that and ran UpdateGenerator.exe again, now I've got IE9 in Dutch (yay :) , thanks!) but still no Dutch MSSE...

In addition to that, how can I prevent WSUSOU to download the English and German updates? Only want Dutch...
bartgrefte

Postby aker » 15.01.2012, 21:31

Search for the lines for English and German Packs in the text documents
.\static\StaticDownloadLinks-<product>-<arch>-glb.txt
Where <product> is "dotnet" "msse" and your OS (w61, w60 or wxp).
<arch> is x86 (32 Bit) or x64 (64 Bit).
Just delete them, that will prevent WSUSOU to download German and English Versions.
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Postby WSUSUpdateAdmin » 15.01.2012, 22:28

Hi!

bartgrefte wrote:I just tried that and ran UpdateGenerator.exe again, now I've got IE9 in Dutch (yay :) , thanks!) but still no Dutch MSSE...

Pls. delete ..\client\msse\%TARGET_ARCH%-glb\mpam*.exe before the next run.
This will work around the "same day rule".

bartgrefte wrote:In addition to that, how can I prevent WSUSOU to download the English and German updates? Only want Dutch...

Pls. see aker's posting.

Regards
Torsten Wittrock
WSUSUpdateAdmin
Administrator

Postby bartgrefte » 16.01.2012, 08:33

aker wrote:Search for the lines for English and German Packs in the text documents
.\static\StaticDownloadLinks-<product>-<arch>-glb.txt
Where <product> is "dotnet" "msse" and your OS (w61, w60 or wxp).
<arch> is x86 (32 Bit) or x64 (64 Bit).
Just delete them, that will prevent WSUSOU to download German and English Versions.

Okay. Thanks :)
I'll try that now.

WSUSUpdateAdmin wrote:Hi!

bartgrefte wrote:I just tried that and ran UpdateGenerator.exe again, now I've got IE9 in Dutch (yay :) , thanks!) but still no Dutch MSSE...

Pls. delete ..\client\msse\%TARGET_ARCH%-glb\mpam*.exe before the next run.
This will work around the "same day rule".

I'll try that, will that also work for Framework? Just noticed there are no Dutch files for that as well...
bartgrefte

Postby WSUSUpdateAdmin » 16.01.2012, 08:48

bartgrefte wrote:I'll try that, will that also work for Framework? Just noticed there are no Dutch files for that as well...

In this case, you may delete ..\client\md\hashes-dotnet-%TARGET_ARCH%-glb.txt before the next download run.

RTW
WSUSUpdateAdmin
Administrator

Postby bartgrefte » 16.01.2012, 09:18

Well, I deleted the whole client folder and started from scratch, that worked, no more German and English updates, just Dutch :D
bartgrefte

Return to Download