Warning: Integrity database ..\client\md\hashes-win-glb.txt

Warning: Integrity database ..\client\md\hashes-win-glb.txt

Postby TDPsGM » 05.09.2013, 17:27

Warning: Integrity database ..\client\md\hashes-win-glb.txt not found

I am not sure why I am getting this n my download log file. I see the file just fine.

I am very new to WSUSOU.

The client side seems to work fine. Should I be concerned?
TDPsGM

Re: Warning: Integrity database ..\client\md\hashes-win-glb.

Postby aker » 05.09.2013, 22:06

If you enabled the verification and it is your first run of the program / just cleared the ".\client\md"-directory, this is a normal behaviour of the software, because it cannot find its integrity database.
Else, please do a download run without verification and the another want wirh verification turned on. This will clear and rebuild all integrity databases wsusou uses.
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Postby TDPsGM » 07.09.2013, 00:14

aker wrote:If you enabled the verification and it is your first run of the program / just cleared the ".\client\md"-directory, this is a normal behaviour of the software, because it cannot find its integrity database.
Else, please do a download run without verification and the another want wirh verification turned on. This will clear and rebuild all integrity databases wsusou uses.

I have done both and when the system asks if I want to check the log file for Warnings, I say yes -- and the warnings are that it can't find any of the hash*.txt files.

I have cleared them out of the /client/md directory, run the system 'without' verification on, and then run it again WITH verification 'ON' a second time, and I still get the warnings. Are the warnings that they can't find the hash files a problem?

Just as a test, I ran the client updater and it seems to be installing the updates fine (it's not done yet).

Should I be concerned?
TDPsGM

Postby TDPsGM » 07.09.2013, 01:03

Ok, I have finished running the client updater and when I go to check to see what Updates have been installed, it shows 4 . . . in the last 1.7 hours there were at least 78 that I KNOW of that were installed, why are they not showing up in the windows update history?

The other question that I have is that being I just ran the downloadupdater,exe I would have thought that wsusou would have had 'All the latest updates' (barring my issue with the system not being able to find the hash*.txt files).

I now have windows check for windows updates and it says that there are 47 updates - including IE10.

IE10 ??? That has been out for a while now, why was that not downloaded during the download update?

IE 8 was updated to IE 9, but not IE 10

Am I missing something still?

Thanks for the assistance.
TDPsGM

Postby aker » 07.09.2013, 11:04

If you take a look at the download.log, you need to look at the end of the file. It contains all logs from older download runs until you delete it.

And I think you missunderstood my first answer, this warning will appear every first run with enabled verification after you disabled verification for one run or you cleared the .\client\md-directory.

For the Windows Update History problem, please take a look at this topic:
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3758

If you want to install IE 10 you need to select "Install Internet Explorer 10" in UpdateInstaller.exe.

If you did this and IE 9 was installed instead of version 10, please post the content of the file "C:\Windows\wsusofflineupdate.log".
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

aker

Postby TDPsGM » 07.09.2013, 16:42

aker wrote:If you take a look at the download.log, you need to look at the end of the file. It contains all logs from older download runs until you delete it.

And I think you missunderstood my first answer, this warning will appear every first run with enabled verification after you disabled verification for one run or you cleared the .\client\md-directory.

Ok, I see what you are saying now. Where is it pulling the previous data from . . . is it the 'historical data being pulled from?
If I migrate the entire wsusoffline directory to a new machine and run the download updater from the new machine, will that download.log be updated on THAT machine as well?

I see that there are 2 files that are located in the C:\Windows directory
WindowsUpdate.log ===> This appears to be a windows generated file
wsusofflineupdate.log =====> This appears to be created when the client updater is run on a local machine.
I see the IE9 install - I guess that I must have missed the selection for IE10, although I was pretty sure that I selected 'every' check box that was available.

What I will do is run it again on another machine to make sure it was me.
TDPsGM

Postby aker » 07.09.2013, 18:43

Selecting Installation of IE 9 disables the option for installing of IE 10.
If you migrate wsusou to another machine, wsusou will still use the same download.log as on the old one.
If you want wsusou to create a new one, just delete the download.log.
But the client will generate a new wsusofflineupdate.log for each computer you use it on.
aker

aker

Postby TDPsGM » 07.09.2013, 20:15

Is that download log located in the wsusoffline directory?

Will deleting it allow me the option to then install ie10?

Thanks for the help.
TDPsGM

Postby aker » 07.09.2013, 20:30

The download log is located at .\log\download.log, the one of the installer C:\Windows\wsusofflineupdate.log.
If you want to install IE 10, just restart UpdateInstaller and select "Install Internet Explorer 10".
If you want to set this behaviour to default: Replace the "instie10=Disabled " in UpdateInstaller.ini with "instie10=Enabled".
aker

aker

Postby TDPsGM » 07.09.2013, 20:44

I don't see a reason for replacing the download.log file.

I'll just edit the UpdateInstaller.ini as you suggested "instie10=Enabled" and disable all the other ie versions

As I look now, instie9 was the only one Enabled ===> I'll change that now.
TDPsGM

Next

Return to Download