New user question - missing updates

New user question - missing updates

Postby JimmyW » 06.11.2013, 00:51

I just tried WSUS OU 8.7.2 on my Win 7x64, SP 1 system. I am Admin on the system I check x64 Global, verified the updates, and copied them to a folder. Thereafter, I ran the update installer. I chose to update root certificates, verify packages, and auto reboot. Everything completed with no errors, and the system rebooted. However, when I checked Windows Update History, the latest update was 4/2/2013, and running Windows Update found additional updates that were not installed. The additional updates included a few "important updates" and several "optional updates, such as "Update for Windows 7 for x64 based systems." Is there something I can do to get all or at least more of the current updates? Thanks.
JimmyW

Re: New user question - missing updates

Postby aker » 06.11.2013, 07:06

The updates installed by wsusou won't be shown in the Windows Update history (but they are listed as Installed Updates).

And it is not possible to dynamical determine the updates Windows Update lists as "Update for ..."
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=172

You may add them as static updates (see .\doc\faq-enu.txt how to do so).
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Return to Download