ISO Image Creation failure

ISO Image Creation failure

Postby Lopmig » 11.04.2019, 14:15

Hello all,
I'm fairly new at this and do not have a lot of experience with WSUS. I have a machine attached to a domain where i've been trying to run the latest WSUS Build. I'm trying to create a WSUS ISO image to use on some machines that are air gapped. Every time I run the Updater I get a failure in the ISO Image creation. The items I have checked are Windows 10 x64 Global_Verify Download updates_Include C++ Runtime Libraries and >net Frameworks_Include Service packs_& Create ISO Image per selected product and language.
The error message I get is:
Starting ISO image creation for w100-x64 glb /includedotnet /exitonerror ...
Creating ISO filter for w100-x64...
Creating ISO image ..\iso\wsusoffline-w100-x64.iso...
The system cannot execute the specified program.

ERROR: Creation of ISO image failed.

Press any key to continue . . .

Any Suggestions? Thank you so much!
Lopmig

Re: ISO Image Creation failure

Postby Dalai » 11.04.2019, 19:55

Open a command prompt (CMD), change directory to wsusoffline\bin directory and try to run mkisofs.exe there. Note that it's simple to open a CMD window by right-clicking on "wsusoffline\bin" directory in Explorer and selecting "Open command prompt here" (or similar).

If mkisofs.exe doesn't run, i.e. you get the same system error message, please answer these questions: Did you disable WOW64 on your system? Do you use any security software that might block mkisofs.exe, maybe even Windows Defender?

Regards
Dalai
Dalai

Postby Lopmig » 03.07.2019, 17:53

Hello Dalai,
Thank you for your suggestions. I'm still having the same error message. I tried running the way you stated and I get a message in the command prompt that says system cannot execute the specified program. So i'm not getting the same error that I do when i run the UpdateGeneartor.exe file and then it tries to create the ISO. Thoughts?
Lopmig

Postby Dalai » 03.07.2019, 18:37

Either mkisofs.exe is damaged/corrupted, or it's blocked by anti-virus or security software, or you have disabled WOW64 on your system. Extract mkisofs.exe again from the WSUS Offline ZIP archive to check if it's the first issue. For the second and third possible blocker, please temporarily disable your anti-virus/security software, and also answer my questions above.

Regards
Dalai
Dalai

Return to Anregungen / Suggestions