Update Fails

Update Fails

Postby toglesby » 26.06.2019, 06:13

The error is 14003: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. Anybody experience this?
toglesby

Re: Update Fails

Postby aker » 26.06.2019, 12:55

Where does this error occur?
Could you post a screenshot?
What did you do, before this error shows? Steps to reproduce?
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Postby toglesby » 26.06.2019, 15:48

It occurs when executing the updater. There are seven updates identified as missing. When it tries to perform the updates, the error occurs. This same group and version of WSUS worked successfully on 50+ other systems, virtual and physical, with no problem. All that I can find suggests to perform an R2012r2 OS repair which I am hesitant to do because of the VMs being hosted on that physical box. Thus, if I take this system down or it loses drivers, settings etc. then 5 boxes will be down. To me, some key element is missing but I cannot figure out which. I compared the services between the good boxes and the bad one to find them the same. I have not edited the registry at all nor have I done a comparison with other systems to see if there is a difference because there will be some difference due to the difference in functionality and software installed. Any help is appreciated in advance.
toglesby

Postby aker » 26.06.2019, 16:37

When executing UpdateInstaller.exe?
How do you access it (HDD, network share, ...)?
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Postby Dalai » 26.06.2019, 16:43

Can you provide the contents of C:\Windows\wsusofflineupdate.log? That way we can see which switches you use in UpdateInstaller, which component versions are installed on your system and which update(s) fail(s).

Regards
Dalai
Dalai

Return to Installation / Updating