ListMissingUpdateIds.vbs (65,3)

Re: ListMissingUpdateIds.vbs (65,3)

Postby aker » 31.05.2019, 14:36

Got confused with one of the following posts...

Could you check the event viewer log?
Maybe a broken/missing system file... (e.g. wuapi.dll)

You can also try „sfc /scannow“
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Postby saegiru » 03.06.2019, 12:39

aker wrote:Got confused with one of the following posts...

Could you check the event viewer log?
Maybe a broken/missing system file... (e.g. wuapi.dll)

You can also try „sfc /scannow“

Sorry, tried doing sfc /scannow and it actually did repair some errors, but it did not make a difference on this error. Still gets the same error after repairing. As for event viewer, I don't see any messages about a system file issue. Also, just to give an idea of scale, this happens on 8 workstations that I deal with. It just seems so odd that the exact same issue would happen on all of them starting at the same time.
saegiru

Postby saegiru » 04.06.2019, 03:52

So not sure if it is a total fix, but I found that if I run it with the /instmssl argument, it appears to run as it should. The Windows 10 systems I was having issues on had an older version of Silverlight... could forcing the install of the newer version have been causing issues with listing updates somehow? I don't know why that would be, but it definitely ran as long as I used the /instmssl argument (or ran it from the UpdateInstaller.exe and checked the Silverlight box.)

I didn't think to unininstall Silverlight entirely and then try installing without the argument though, so not sure if that would have made a difference.

For now at least, it appears to be working.

Also just to let you know - after I ran it with the /instmssl argument - I tried running it again without that argument, and it ran through fine - so whatever was causing the issue was 'fixed' by the first pass with the /instmssl argument.

Weird...
saegiru

Previous

Return to Installation / Updating