WSUS Offline Update 11.1.1 showing error!

WSUS Offline Update 11.1.1 showing error!

Postby finalfantasy » 03.02.2018, 04:17

Hello i just downloaded this tool WSUS Offline Update 11.1.1 obviously to download updates for Offline installation.
I do not have much care for Updates, really its only a time killer.
But this time around, i thought i would download few and only few or one,two times. Its enough for me.
But as i extract all the file's and let it run , it straight away shows an error like this.

So i would like to know why it happened and why its not working in my PC. I searched most the places and they all have
different way of fixing the problems. But it didn't work for me, could you download that tool and show me the errors.
Awaiting reply from anybody.
Attachments
Error with WSUS Offline Update 11.1.1.jpg
(59.3 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Go with the flow.
finalfantasy

Re: WSUS Offline Update 11.1.1 showing error!

Postby hbuhrmester » 03.02.2018, 13:11

I don't see, what could be different in the latest version of WSUS Offline Update. There are no changes in the download of these Sysinternals utilities.

If the error message "Invalid argument" is true, then wget may read some options from other sources.

Did you install some version of wget yourself? Download utilities with a graphical user interface may use wget as an underlying "download engine". So wget may come "disguised".

Did you create a file $HOME/.wgetrc or $HOME/.netrc?

These startup files would probably be found directly in your user profile folder (which would be the equivalent to the $HOME directory in Linux):

Code: Select all
C:\Users\<username>\.wgetrc
C:\Users\<username>\.netrc

Regards,
hbuhrmester
hbuhrmester

Postby finalfantasy » 05.02.2018, 10:06

I downloaded this tool straight from the Internet and extracted it in Desktop.
All i did was double click on UpdateGenerator.exe and it showed some console mode reading and perhaps tried contacting Sysinternals website.
I just let it be and after few sec it just shows this error:
w61 glb
I didn't make any changes in the "c:\user\ " folder and i dont see any script being written or downloaded.
Just fresh from the archive file i extracted.
It should have run in the first run. But it doesn't and this is some kind of problem. Have you tried downloading this and tried running it yourself.
I am from a distant place from India.
Why its not running i do not understand.

:(
Go with the flow.
finalfantasy

Postby aker » 05.02.2018, 17:32

Could you manually (using your browser) download one of the files, which fail to download?

Are you behind some kind of proxy or firewall, which might prevent wget from downloading?
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Return to Download