Import from wsus offline to wsus server

Import from wsus offline to wsus server

Postby amienzero » 16.07.2017, 14:59

Hello everyone,

I have a questions. Can i use wsus offline to download metadatas and updates and import them into a non internet wsus server? I know wsus offline can import updates from a wsus server, but can i do it on reverse? My wsus server is already configured and has clients connected to it, but it's an intranet only server. So i just want to know, can i import metadata and updates from wsus offline into wsus server? Can it be done and how? Thanks.
amienzero

Re: Import from wsus offline to wsus server

Postby aker » 16.07.2017, 23:45

That's a question you might ask in a MS forum. wsusou could provide the catalog file wsusscn2.cab and SOME of the files listed inside. AFAIK WSUS lists optional updates (which are not part of wsusscn2.cab), so I assume, that it uses a different catalog file.
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Re: Import from wsus offline to wsus server

Postby amienzero » 19.07.2017, 03:28

aker wrote:That's a question you might ask in a MS forum. wsusou could provide the catalog file wsusscn2.cab and SOME of the files listed inside. AFAIK WSUS lists optional updates (which are not part of wsusscn2.cab), so I assume, that it uses a different catalog file.

thanks for replying. i've tried importing wsusscn2.cab but i got this error no metadata can be found or something like that. anyway, i cant use this method as i can't use * to import multiple cabs into wsus server. i tried wsusutil import *.cab and failed. and importing hundreds of updates into wsus server is overkill. but thanks for replying.
amienzero

Return to Installation / Updating