Temporary User Account

Temporary User Account

Postby snappyfish » 11.03.2017, 17:22

Hi,

Very happy to find this tool it's a great help.

One thing, when it create a temporary user account. I'm finding on one pc I have update when I reboot it ask me to log into that temporary account. I have to switch account to get back my normal account.

But when I try to manage accounts it's not there to delete?

Thanks
snappyfish

Re: Temporary User Account

Postby aker » 13.03.2017, 06:14

Logon as your normal user and run .\client\cmd\CleanupRecall.cmd as admin. Then reboot. The account and the autologon should be gone now.
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Postby snappyfish » 13.03.2017, 10:01

aker wrote:Logon as your normal user and run .\client\cmd\CleanupRecall.cmd as admin. Then reboot. The account and the autologon should be gone now.

Thanks, worked now, should this of been down as part of the process - did something fail?
snappyfish

Postby aker » 13.03.2017, 20:27

It is, but sometimes it simply doesn't work. Noone knows why. If I have to answer, I'd guess some locked files or registry keys.
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Postby boco » 13.03.2017, 21:54

Usually that happens if an account's User Registry Hive isn't unloaded in time.
Microsoft update catalog: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/
Windows Install media download: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media
boco

Postby Krafty1 » 05.04.2017, 01:26

Hi, I've successfully used WSUS to update Vista Premium on Asus laptop. Have same problem as original poster.
Laptop logs into WSUS Temporary Account and asks for PW, I change user account and get to my own (admin) account but there is no sign of the Temporary Account when I go to manage accounts.
I've tried entering the command below but am maybe not doing it correctly or in right place?
Firstly I tried entering it at the search box off the Orb. No luck there.
I've just tried using a command box from my user account...
C:\Users\xxxxxx>
I'm admin with this User name, do I have to get some sort of Super Admin privilege to use?
Tried various combinations at the front of the command e.g. typing exactly as written, including the run .\part
Then without the run, without the run . and lastly without the run .\
None of these are recognized.
This is about the limit of my DOS ability these days!
Need to fix as the laptop takes forever to boot into the "Temporary" account
Krafty1

Postby Dalai » 05.04.2017, 12:05

@Krafty1
Log into your normal account, open the wsusoffline directory (the place where you extracted WSUS Offline Update to), change directory to wsusoffline\client\cmd subdirectory, right-click on CleanupRecall.cmd and select "Run As Administrator". This should delete the temporary admin account and so on.

Regards
Dalai
Dalai

Postby Krafty1 » 06.04.2017, 03:42

Hi Dalai, Thanks,
That made it clearer, unfortunately the PC still rebooted into the Temporary account?
I was in wsusoffline1092>wsusoffline>client>cmd>CleanupRecall.cmd
Right clicked and ran as Admin and got the usual double checking from Vista UAC
Ran the command and rebooted afterwards to be greeted by the same temp account screen.
On my install the CleanupRecall.cmd is immediately below a folder called Custom.
The CleanupRecall command itself is greyed out compared to others below it?
I also notice a (non-greyed) line called "DeleteUpdateAdmin.vbs" a couple of items below CleanupRecall, I haven't tried this.
Update I ran it again and have since rebooted twice successfully.
Danke from New Zealand
Cheers
Krafty1
Krafty1

Return to Installation / Updating