WSUS Offline with PSADT

WSUS Offline with PSADT

Postby warnox » 28.03.2017, 13:49

Hi,

Is there a list of what all the command line switches do? The list below is from DoUpdate.cmd, and while I can guess what some of them do, I'm not sure about all of them.

I want to integrate WSUS Offline into PSADT (http://psappdeploytoolkit.com/) so this would be really handy for a silent install.

Code: Select all
verify
skipieinst
updatecpp
instmssl
instdotnet35
instdotnet4
instpsh
instwmf
instmsse
skipdefs
updatetsc
instofv
instmsi
autoreboot
shutdown
showlog
all
seconly
excludestatics
skipdynamic

Thanks for any help.
warnox

Re: WSUS Offline with PSADT

Postby aker » 28.03.2017, 21:04

I'll do it the short way, if you need more explaination, please tell me.

verify: verifies the integrity of the updates files before they get installed (requires you to select this option at download, too) [RECOMMENDED due to broken wsusscn2.cab]
skipieinst: skips the installation of IE11 on Windows 7 (IE9 on Vista)
updatecpp: updates all C++ runtimes to the most recent versions
instmssl: installs MS Silverlight
instdotnet35: install .NET 3.5 (for Windows 8+ this requires you to capute the files before)
instdotnet4: install/update .NET 4 to the most recent version
instpsh: install Windows PowerShell (requires the most recent .NET 4)
instwmf: updates Windows Management Framework to the most recent version (requires the most recent version of .NET 4)
instmsse: installs Microsoft Security Essentials
skipdefs: skips Windows Defender/MSSE definitions
updatetsc: Updates the Remote Desktop Client
instofv: installs the "Office File Validation" (for Office 2007 only)
instmsi: installs all .MSI-files from .\client\install
autoreboot: automatically reboots & recalls update until it's done
shutdown: shuts the computer down after update finished (could be used together with "/autoreboot")
showlog: shows the log-file (C:\Windows\wsusofflineupdate.log) after the update finishes
all: skips determining of missing updates, instead all updates for that platform will be installed (not faster the determining the missing ones)
seconly: doesn't install the cumulative rollups ffor Windows 7/8.1; instead uses the non-cumulative security-only ones
excludestatics: skips the installation of the static updates [NOT RECOMMENDED as it might break things]
skipdynamic: just install the static updates
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Postby warnox » 29.03.2017, 17:31

aker wrote:I'll do it the short way, if you need more explaination, please tell me.

verify: verifies the integrity of the updates files before they get installed (requires you to select this option at download, too) [RECOMMENDED due to broken wsusscn2.cab]
skipieinst: skips the installation of IE11 on Windows 7 (IE9 on Vista)
updatecpp: updates all C++ runtimes to the most recent versions
instmssl: installs MS Silverlight
instdotnet35: install .NET 3.5 (for Windows 8+ this requires you to capute the files before)
instdotnet4: install/update .NET 4 to the most recent version
instpsh: install Windows PowerShell (requires the most recent .NET 4)
instwmf: updates Windows Management Framework to the most recent version (requires the most recent version of .NET 4)
instmsse: installs Microsoft Security Essentials
skipdefs: skips Windows Defender/MSSE definitions
updatetsc: Updates the Remote Desktop Client
instofv: installs the "Office File Validation" (for Office 2007 only)
instmsi: installs all .MSI-files from .\client\install
autoreboot: automatically reboots & recalls update until it's done
shutdown: shuts the computer down after update finished (could be used together with "/autoreboot")
showlog: shows the log-file (C:\Windows\wsusofflineupdate.log) after the update finishes
all: skips determining of missing updates, instead all updates for that platform will be installed (not faster the determining the missing ones)
seconly: doesn't install the cumulative rollups ffor Windows 7/8.1; instead uses the non-cumulative security-only ones
excludestatics: skips the installation of the static updates [NOT RECOMMENDED as it might break things]
skipdynamic: just install the static updates

Thanks, I'll give this a go. Is there a reason Office 2010 SP2 (and a few other service packs) are excluded by default?
warnox

Postby aker » 29.03.2017, 21:11

Service Packs are handled individually (static code), as they sometimes need special behaviour. So they are excluded in the dynamic mechanism.
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Return to Installation / Updating