unzip missing

unzip missing

Postby wuttztfz » 19.05.2017, 06:06

Hi!

It is the first time that I used the Linux DownloadUpdates.sh script to make a Windows 7 update ISO. (I previously always used the Windows version.)

In folder wsusoffline/sh I ran "./DownloadUpdates.sh" and selected "[4] Windows 7 / Server 2008 R2 64 bit", "[b] deu", "Download Service Packs? [y]", "Download .Net framework? [y]", "Download Microsoft Security Essentials files? [y]", "Download Microsoft Windows Defender definition files? [y]" and "Create ISO-Image after download? [y]".

This should be identical to "./DownloadUpdates.sh w61-x64 deu /makeiso /dotnet /msse /wddefs"…

I mounted the ISO on Windows 7 x64 using WinCDEmu 4.1 and ran the update.

At one point a line showed up noting "unzip.exe not found" or similar, when it was trying to install \w61-x64\glb\Win7AndW2K8R2-KB3191566-x64.zip. I looked and found no unzip.exe in \bin, while there was one on the Linux box where I had created the ISO, but not in /wsusoffline/lient/bin, only in wsusoffline/bin, together with gsort.exe, join.exe and wget.exe.

Meanwhile on Windows 7 x64 I unpacked and installed Win7AndW2K8R2-KB3191566-x64.zip by hand, which worked as expected.I was also surprised to find a couple of more important updates available afterwards in Windows 7 x64 from the Windows Update control panel (i.e. online): A long list of >40 important updates and >40 recommended additional updates or so…

On Linux I then also ran "./DownloadUpdates.sh w61 deu /makeiso /dotnet /msse /wddefs /nocleanup" and "./DownloadUpdates.sh all-61 deu /makeiso /dotnet /msse /wddefs /nocleanup" and unzip.exe is still not in the /client/bin directory.

So my guess is, that the Linux script simply forgot to copy the unzip.exe to the /client/bin directory. And I also guess that this could be easily fixed.
FYI, I'm on Debian GNU/Linux, amd64, testing.

And: thanks very much for the Linux script! Highly appreciated!
wuttztfz

Re: unzip missing

Postby boco » 19.05.2017, 13:11

I was also surprised to find a couple of more important updates available afterwards in Windows 7 x64 from the Windows Update control panel (i.e. online): A long list of >40 important updates and >40 recommended additional updates or so…
Absolutely normal. WOU does only contain (barring a few statically-defined exceptions) only security-critical updates.
Microsoft update catalog: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/
Windows Install media download: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media
boco

Return to Linux