CreateISOImage.sh wildcard matches not working

CreateISOImage.sh wildcard matches not working

Postby nebyah » 07.04.2014, 05:09

This problem occurs under Debian (Wheezy).
ExcludeListISO-w61-x86.txt and others have wildcards like:
*/w60/*
This is supposed to exclude the whole directory w60, under client. However when ISO is generated the w60 directory has been included.
Now, since the "w60" part of the path is the whole directory name, the above should be replaced with:
w60
This causes any file or directory called w60 to be excluded, which is what we want.
*w60* also works, but the wildcards are not required, and may unintentionally match other stuff.
nebyah

Re: CreateISOImage.sh wildcard matches not working

Postby hhullen » 10.04.2014, 15:32

nebyah wrote:This problem occurs under Debian (Wheezy).
ExcludeListISO-w61-x86.txt and others have wildcards like:
*/w60/*

[...]

Sure? I haven't found any place where "${sys}" was replaced by something like "*/w60/*". "${sys}" is (under a real "bash") replaced by something like "w60".
Viele Grüsse
Helmut
hhullen

Postby nebyah » 10.04.2014, 22:32

hhullen wrote:Sure? I haven't found any place where "${sys}" was replaced by something like "*/w60/*". "${sys}" is (under a real "bash") replaced by something like "w60".

This has nothing to do with $sys
I am referring to the exclude/ExcludeListISO-* files, which contain values like */w60/*
These values are intended to prevent mkisofs/genisoimage from including (for example) the w60 (Vista) directory in the ISO for other targets. But as written they do not work, and I end up with a 12GB ISO for Windows 7.
nebyah

Postby hhullen » 12.04.2014, 13:48

nebyah wrote:
hhullen wrote:Sure? I haven't found any place where "${sys}" was replaced by something like "*/w60/*". "${sys}" is (under a real "bash") replaced by something like "w60".

This has nothing to do with $sys
I am referring to the exclude/ExcludeListISO-* files, which contain values like */w60/*
These values are intended to prevent mkisofs/genisoimage from including (for example) the w60 (Vista) directory in the ISO for other targets. But as written they do not work, and I end up with a 12GB ISO for Windows 7.

See http://trac.wsusoffline.net/browser/trunk/sh/CreateISOImage.sh

I've corrected the error - thank you for the informations!
Viele Grüsse
Helmut
hhullen

Return to Linux