DownloadUpdates.sh dotnet and msse langpack bug

DownloadUpdates.sh dotnet and msse langpack bug

Postby juangvega » 21.05.2013, 22:41

Hello

I am trying to download windows updates, spanish language, including service pack, dotnet, msse. But languages packs were not download correctly. It download only deu langpack. I check the script and the made the following corrections

Added: cat ../$Pfad/StaticDownloadLinks-dotnet-${OS_ARCH}-${lang}.txt >> ../temp/StaticUrls-dotnet.txt
Code: Select all
if [ "$dotnet" == "1" ]; then
    test -f ../$Pfad/StaticDownloadLinks-dotnet.txt && \
  cp ../$Pfad/StaticDownloadLinks-dotnet.txt ../temp/StaticUrls-dotnet.txt
  cat ../$Pfad/StaticDownloadLinks-dotnet-${OS_ARCH}-${lang}.txt >> ../temp/StaticUrls-dotnet.txt
    test -f ../$Pfad/StaticDownloadLinks-cpp-${OS_ARCH}-glb.txt && \
  cp ../$Pfad/StaticDownloadLinks-cpp-${OS_ARCH}-glb.txt ../temp/StaticUrls-cpp-${OS_ARCH}-glb.txt
fi


Added: cat ../$Pfad/StaticDownloadLinks-msse-${OS_ARCH}-${lang}.txt >> ../temp/StaticUrls-msse-${OS_ARCH}-glb.txt
Code: Select all
if [ "$msse" == "1" ]; then
    test -f ../$Pfad/StaticDownloadLinks-msse-${OS_ARCH}-glb.txt && \
    cp ../$Pfad/StaticDownloadLinks-msse-${OS_ARCH}-glb.txt ../temp/StaticUrls-msse-${OS_ARCH}-glb.txt
    cat ../$Pfad/StaticDownloadLinks-msse-${OS_ARCH}-${lang}.txt >> ../temp/StaticUrls-msse-${OS_ARCH}-glb.txt
fi


It downloads only the deu langpack because links are inside /static/StaticDownloadLinks-dotnet.txt

The same thing happend with followings files:
StaticDownloadLinks-msse-x64-glb.txt
StaticDownloadLinks-msse-x86-glb.txt
StaticDownloadLinks-w60-x64-glb.txt (IE9-WindowsVista-x64.exe, IE8-WindowsVista-x64.exe)
StaticDownloadLinks-w60-x86-glb.txt (IE9-WindowsVista-x86.exe, IE8-WindowsVista-x86.exe)
StaticDownloadLinks-w61-x64-glb.txt (IE10-Windows6.1-x64, IE9-Windows7-x64.exe)
StaticDownloadLinks-w61-x86-glb.txt (IE10-Windows6.1-x86, IE9-Windows7-x86.exe)
StaticDownloadLinks-dotnet-x64-glb.txt
StaticDownloadLinks-dotnet-x86-glb.txt

In all of these files are included English and German languages​​. And only download those instead of the selected language.

I could not find how to fix this on the DownloadUpdates.sh, so I changed the links in the file with the spanish links which are what I need.

Thats all.
Nice job with this script! Very useful to me. ;)

Regards
juangvega
 

Re: DownloadUpdates.sh dotnet and msse langpack bug

Postby WSUSUpdateAdmin » 22.05.2013, 11:46

Hi ,

that's what AddCustomLanguageSupport.cmd does actually - see the FAQs:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: I miss IEx, .NET and MSSE installation files for my language. Why aren't they downloaded and what can I do to have them downloaded?
A: Since Service Packs and updates for Windows Vista / 7 / Server 2008(R2) are multilingual, there's no 24-language selection table for these platforms, so by default, only the English and German versions of those localized installation packages for IEx, .NET and MSSE will be downloaded.
To have your favorite locale(s) downloaded in addition, you may use the ...\cmd\AddCustomLanguageSupport.cmd script.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, there's no equivalent for AddCustomLanguageSupport.cmd in the Linux download part.

Regards
Torsten Wittrock
WSUSUpdateAdmin
Administrator
 
Posts: 2121
Joined: 07.07.2009, 15:38


Return to Linux

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests