KB2706045 missing (fixed)/ New problem

KB2706045 missing (fixed)/ New problem

Postby azigta » 08.08.2015, 06:18

Hi, I was doing the instalation on a windows home premium x64 and it gave me a warning saying that KB2706045 is missing. Right now I´m running it on a virtual machine since I want to make sure everything is ok . I´m going to install this on a pretty expensive laptop my brother has, and he has been having lots of troubles installing windows updates... So I thought that this is the perfect solution.

I downloaded KB2706045 from microsoft website. If I put it with the rest of the KB´s will the instalation run it instead of giving me a warning? I think it makes sense but I´ve never installed this before so I better ask...

If so, I would have to put it on w61-x64/glb right? with the other Kb .msu files

Thanks

edit: So I found everything is the same after downloading the wsus again so I take this problem as solved.

Now that I have downloaded the wsus again, I noticed a warning, it says "Warning: Deleted unsigned file "E:\wsusoffline\client\wddefs\x64-glb\mpas-feX64.exe"
Last edited by azigta on 08.08.2015, 15:00, edited 1 time in total.
azigta

Re: KB2706045 missing, can I put it on the folder?

Postby aker » 08.08.2015, 07:27

KB2706045 should be superseded multiple times. Please check, if KB3065822 is installed on that computer/virtual machine.
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Re: KB2706045 missing, can I put it on the folder?

Postby azigta » 08.08.2015, 14:59

Just to be sure, I redownloaded all the files and that file is not into any folder so I guess everything is normal, same mistake can´t be produced twice. I was afraid something went wrong because I didn´t activate the "verify" option.

Now that I have redownloaded the files, I checked the log file to see if there was any warning and I noticed 1 warning. It says:

"Warning: Deleted unsigned file "E:\wsusoffline\client\wddefs\x64-glb\mpas-feX64.exe""

Is that normal? thanks
azigta

Re: KB2706045 missing (fixed)/ New problem

Postby aker » 08.08.2015, 22:45

Please start another download run and take a look at the download process. If it somewhere crashes/hangs/disconnects while downloading "mpas-feX64.exe", this is related to your internet connection (dropping connection to MS' servers & MS' servers not being in sync).
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

aker

Postby azigta » 09.08.2015, 02:30

aker wrote:Please start another download run and take a look at the download process. If it somewhere crashes/hangs/disconnects while downloading "mpas-feX64.exe", this is related to your internet connection (dropping connection to MS' servers & MS' servers not being in sync).

thank you, I´ve started another download and now the log file doesn´t show any warnings at all.

I have one more question. All of this is for my brother since he has problems with windows update and can´t install any update. He wants to update his laptop so he can recieve the "windows 10 upgrade" button and ugrade it to w10.

Microsoft says that in order to have the w10 update button at the bottom right part of the screen you have to install the updates from windows update, so I understand that installing this would be the same , right? after installing all the updates with wsus will I get the "windows 10 upgrade" button?

Or do I need an specific update package that is not included with wsus? do you know? thank you so much for your help

edit: I have discovered that only sp1 and 2 updates are necesary for having the upgrade buton so it´s not necesary to install all the updates. But I find this app so great and I think I will use what i´ve downloaded for other pc´s that I have. Thanks
azigta

Postby Denniss » 09.08.2015, 08:11

Very unusual to have a system unable to get updates from Microsoft. Either something is broken ("tuned" ?) or the system is infected with malware and blocks access to Microsoft servers.
Denniss

Postby aker » 09.08.2015, 08:30

To upgrade to Windows 10, you may search for "Windows 10 Media Creation Tool" on the internet. This official MS tool is able to upgrade a compatible Windows 7/8.1 system to Windows 10. For questions about the upgrading process MS' forums is the better place.
aker

aker

Postby azigta » 10.08.2015, 09:55

Denniss wrote:Very unusual to have a system unable to get updates from Microsoft. Either something is broken ("tuned" ?) or the system is infected with malware and blocks access to Microsoft servers.

Well, it connects with microsoft servers but it downloads like 192 updates , it takes a long time installing them and when trying to configure it , it gives me an error and it just gets hunged there, I have to do a system restore in order to be able to access windows again... it took so long to do so, and I didn´t want to give it another try... I have seen that a lot of people get this error so I just decided to install the updates offline, but with the program that user aker says I finally can upgrade to w10... so great tool because when I finally got the upgrade button it just didn´t work! nothing happens when I click it! xD So I´m going to run the "windows 10 media creation tool" and update the system through it.

Anyway thank you all for your support
azigta

Return to Fehlende Updates / Missing updates