.Net Framework 3.5 launches several process, after install

.Net Framework 3.5 launches several process, after install

Postby UranusOne » 12.11.2010, 12:46

Beyond it are slower than the batch script, on the update process... Your project is wonderfull guys!

I created a vb6 updater for XP (a year ago) and I maintaing it, but I am a single person and becomes heavy. I can share code if you want...

One observation... when finish the install of one of the packages (.Net Framework 3.5 setup or updates), the installer launches several process of mscorsvw.exe, and don´t wait finish it.
In realy is necesary expect finalized any instances, for launch the next upgrade or reboot, to continue (mscorsvw.exe is setting something). Otherwise if continue, the second update to apply will give us the specific error: ERROR_SUCCESS_REBOOT_REQUIRED (err num: 3010)... and don't is installed.

This is my ini settings and work... (course packages missing, here is outdated)

WAITINSTANCES={Instance Name}|{Instance Count for continue}|{Sleep time for new check instance count}

WAITINSTANCES is called after run the Setup and after any update of .Net, if found more instances, sleep 5000 and retry the check. If not more 1 instances, retry 3 times (sleeping 5000 in between) just in case.

Code: Select all
[RUN1]
FILE=DirPath\dotnetfx35.exe|/passive /norestart
NAME=Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5
WAITINSTANCES=mscorsvw.exe|1|5000
REBOOT=yes
[RUN2]
FILE=DirPath\updates\NDP20SP2-KB958481-x86.exe|/passive /norestart
NAME=Actualización de Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2
REBOOT=no
[RUN3]
FILE=DirPath\updates\NDP30SP2-KB958483-x86.exe|/passive /norestart
NAME=Actualización de Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2
REBOOT=no
[RUN4]
FILE=DirPath\updates\NDP35SP1-KB958484-x86.exe|/passive /norestart
NAME=Actualización de Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1
REBOOT=yes
[RUN5]
FILE=DirPath\updates\NDP20SP2-KB979909-x86.exe|/passive /norestart
NAME=Actualización de seguridad de Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 y .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2
REBOOT=no
[RUN6]
FILE=DirPath\updates\NDP30SP2-KB982524-x86.exe|/passive /norestart
NAME=Actualización de Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 y .NET Framework 2.0 SP2
REBOOT=yes
[RUN7]
FILE=DirPath\updates\NDP30SP2-KB982168-x86.exe|/passive /norestart
NAME=Actualización de Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1
REBOOT=no
[RUN8]
; blah blah blah........

I speak Spanish, sorry for mistakes, I translated with google.

Thanks for everything!
UranusOne

Re: .Net Framework 3.5 launches several process, after insta

Postby dl2obk » 01.01.2011, 21:40

Hello,

I think, I can help you possibly.

MSCORESVW.EXE was installed as an operating system service after first installation of .NET-libraries.
This service compiles the .NET-libraries after installation or update. This procedure allows the .NET-
applications to run faster, when using the .NET-libraries.

It can possibly help, to deactivate the OpSys-Service ".NET Runtime Optimization Service" via
MSCONFIG, before you start the next update for .NET-libraries.

I hope, google can translate my fractional english.

With best regards

dl2obk
dl2obk

Re: .Net Framework 3.5 launches several process, after insta

Postby UranusOne » 13.01.2011, 20:32

Hello dl2obk! the translation was perfect!

I have no problems. I've solved, as described in the previous message, that is, waiting for the mscorsw.exe [process] to finished configuring the system (waiting for a single process, if are more of one process [2 or 3 or 4] wait to one mscorsw.exe [process] to finish the installation of this update).
Then continue installing the next update or reboot (if the last update gives the exit code 3010).

You can see in the settings INI file "REBOOT=yes" 3 times, which with 3 reboots, have fully installed Net Framework 3.5 and updates, in a time of around 20 minutes. I do not mind that the pc is restarted 3 times in this process, I have to install systems with around 60 applications, which brings me in total and at least 6 hours.

So I wrote my own INI file. Because all the updates listed above are not included in WSUS Offline and, possibly, :idea: my tests could help the team to include more updates of this type.

Do not know what language you speak, but, I try do reverse translation (Spanish-English / English-Spanish) and all text appears to agree.

Equally thanks for the response and the info!
UranusOne

Return to Anregungen / Suggestions