replay same installation on other machine?

replay same installation on other machine?

Postby ths » 15.01.2016, 15:39

Hallo,

I have multiple (quite identical) machines and I'd like to avoid the scan on each of them given that some of them are old and it takes 1+ hour to determine the list of updates.
I'd rather have one (fast) sample machine running the update scan, determine the required windows/office updates and record the actions.
On the other machines I'd simply like to run the script generated on the template machine.

This could be solved by geneating some sort of "response file" during a scan, and feeding the response file to the rest of the machines instead of scanning.
Is this feasible?

Tschau...Thomas
ths

Re: replay same installation on other machine?

Postby aker » 16.01.2016, 01:19

wsusou is designed to scan for updates for each individual machine by using the Windows Update Agent. So it won't generate a file containing the actions performed (except for the log file). What you can do is checking the log-file (C:\Windows\wsusofflineupdate.log) and placing the KB-numbers in .\client\static\StaticUpdateIds-w61.txt. Then change "skipdynamic=Disabled" in UpdateInstaller.ini to "Enabled". But take care: wsusou won't idividually check for updates on this machine.
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Return to Anregungen / Suggestions