MSE for every languages, tray icon and office slipstreamer

MSE for every languages, tray icon and office slipstreamer

Postby Francesco » 07.03.2014, 14:25

I use your software with great satisfaction!

I have a few additions, if possible: it would be possible to download MSE for languages ​​other than English and German?

It would be possible, for example, indicate the destinazone Office updates in order to integrate them directly into the installation?

A tray icon to minimize all (download updates) to an icon would be just the best!

PS: If you need help, I am a native Italian, I can help with the translation!
Francesco

Re: MSE for every languages, tray icon and office slipstream

Postby Gerby » 07.03.2014, 15:33

Hello Francesco, and welcome to the board.

Francesco wrote:it would be possible to download MSE for languages ​​other than English and German?

From the FAQ:
\doc\faq-enu.txt wrote:Q: I miss IEx, .NET and MSSE installation files for my language. Why aren't they downloaded and what can I do to have them downloaded?
A: Since Service Packs and updates for Windows Vista / 7 / Server 2008(R2) are multilingual, there's no 24-language selection table for these platforms, so by default, only the English and German versions of those localized installation packages for IEx, .NET and MSSE will be downloaded.
To have your favorite locale(s) downloaded in addition, you may use the ...\cmd\AddCustomLanguageSupport.cmd script.

In addition, if you don't want the German downloads, you can remove them by running the batch \cmd\RemoveGermanLanguageSupport.cmd once (part of WSUS Offline Update 9.0).

---------
Francesco wrote:It would be possible, for example, indicate the destinazone Office updates in order to integrate them directly into the installation?

Hm, I cannot say anything about that.

--------
Franceso wrote:A tray icon to minimize all (download updates) to an icon would be just the best!

Right now, at least you can minimize the download Windows to the task bar:
\doc\faq-enu.txt wrote:Q: Can I let the download window(s) stay in the background?
A: Yes. Please edit the UpdateGenerator.ini file and add an entry/line "minimizeondownload=Enabled" to the "[Miscellaneous]" section.

Greetings
Gerby
Mach mit - der Übersichtlichkeit wegen! Füge Log-Auszüge als [Code] ein.
Make it clear! Insert log excerpts as [Code].
Gerby

Postby aker » 07.03.2014, 16:06

Slipstreaming the updates into an Office DVD is possible:
Just unpack the office cab files and copy the updates (msp-files) into the directory "updates" of the office setup folder.
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Postby Francesco » 07.03.2014, 16:20

aker wrote: unpack the office cab files and copy the updates (msp-files) into the directory "updates" of the office setup folder.

It would be very cool if i could select the folder of office and it extract automatly all updates!

For the language support, I have run the cmd for enable all language, what else I have to do? I have to edit some scripts?

Thanks!
Francesco

Postby aker » 07.03.2014, 22:59

You don't have to change scripts. Just remember to take a look at .\doc\history.txt, when the static download links get updated, you have to run AddCustomLanguageSupport.cmd again.
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Return to Anregungen / Suggestions