MSSE and Windows Defender definitions only

MSSE and Windows Defender definitions only

Postby Progman » 28.10.2013, 05:41

Can a command line option be set to only process MSSE and Windows Defender definitions as thought I found a hack by setting some environment variables and using a goto with a duplicate label name batch style hack to do this, it seems official support would be nice. The full download process ought to be run once a month after patch-Tuesday. Yet updating definitions could be run everytime when building something such as MSDART discs which would want the most-recent-to-the-day definitions.
Progman

Re: MSSE and Windows Defender definitions only

Postby wilenty » 15.11.2013, 17:23

Hello,

/ Translated by Google (sorry for the translation:])

I did something like what you write, because for me also took too much time, even with a few selections.

About a week ago I sent to the author e-m@il with modified scripts for these options, but no response.

The program runs much faster, especially at the beginning and at the end, at the start of the USB and does not allow for dual run.

At the beginning gets WSUS, then: Systems, Office and at the end: c + + and MSSE & wdefs. (Includes selected options)

This is the trunk version 8.8b (532), but if the author does not take into account my modifications in their releases, it will be valid only for a moment :-(

Code: Select all
http://owncloud.lidzbark.org/public.php?service=files&t=8a62a2ee57b168c004e2b4f381da1745

Pass: my login

I enclose a greeting and maybe some of the admins will test my modifications and include in future releases ;-)
wilenty

Return to Anregungen / Suggestions