Digitally Signing WSUS Offline Updater

Digitally Signing WSUS Offline Updater

Postby lsjohnson2 » 24.10.2013, 22:39

Hey guys,

I was curious if there is any work around for getting windows to not prompt a "yes" or "no" dialog box because the software publisher is unsigned? In addition, this is not a UAC prompt; this is because the software lacks a SSL certificate (from what I can tell from my research). Short from the developers purchasing a rather expense certificate to make this prompt go away, is there anything else that can be done?

The reason for this is because the auto reboot and recall feature is thwarted by this prompt. I realize you can uncheck "always ask for this program," however, I am trying to integrate this into a completely automated solution and this is really becoming an obstacle.

Thanks,
Logan
lsjohnson2

Re: Digitally Signing WSUS Offline Updater

Postby WSUSUpdateAdmin » 25.10.2013, 06:04

Hi Logan,

should be this prob.
Please use sigcheck v. 1.92, WOU r515 or the next release (coming soon).

RTW
WSUSUpdateAdmin
Administrator

Postby aker » 25.10.2013, 09:02

@WSUSUpdateAdmin
Ich glaube, lsjohnson2 meint die Windows-Meldung "Diese aus dem Internet geladene Software kann Schaden auf Ihrem PC anrichten".

Viele Grüße
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Postby lsjohnson2 » 25.10.2013, 14:52

Thank you for the reply,

This is what I'm trying to get rid of so I can automate WSUS Offline Updater:

Please advise.

Thanks,
Logan
lsjohnson2

Postby aker » 25.10.2013, 14:58

Please try to download wsusou with a web browser, which is not IE or IE based (e.g. Firefox).
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

aker

Postby lsjohnson2 » 25.10.2013, 15:13

Not sure how that would make a difference, but I trust your expertise over mine haha. I downloaded WSUS Offline Updater via Firefox (latest version), extracted the zip file to the desktop, then ran the UpdateGenerator.exe, and I am still prompted by the same dialog box.

Just to be super clear, the issue isn't downloading the program. It is executing it. Again, if I simply uncheck "Always ask before opening this file" I'll never see this prompt again for this computer. However, the issue is I'm running WSUS Offline Updater on several different computers a day. Furthermore, WSUS Offline Updater runs via a script I have made, and if this prompt pops up my script stops and waits for me to click "run" defeating the purpose of an automation script haha.

Logan
lsjohnson2

Postby aker » 25.10.2013, 15:30

Then right-click the zip-file before unpacking and click "Preferences", at the bottom of the preferences-window there should be a text like "this file might damage your computer" and there should be a button with a text like "allow", click it and it should be grayed out. Then click "OK" and unpack the file.
aker

aker

Postby harry » 25.10.2013, 16:20

Please see viewtopic.php?f=5&t=491

Code: Select all
{yourWSUSOUdir}\bin\streams -s -d yourWSUSOUdir
harry

Postby lsjohnson2 » 25.10.2013, 17:45

Aker you are a genius!

I simply right-clicked --> properties --> "Unblock" --> extracted file --> executed UpdateGenertor.exe --> no prompt

Even better is if I transfer this folder from a computer to a flash to another computer the prompt does not appear. This was what I was most concerned about, so it seems my issue is resolved.

Thank you guys so much!!!
lsjohnson2

Postby aker » 25.10.2013, 18:13

@WSUSUpdateAdmin
Ich glaube es wäre sinnvoll, wenn die DownloadUpdates.cmd den von harry genannten Befehl automatisch ausführt, damit diese Meldung höchstens einmal auftaucht.

Viele Grüße
aker

aker

Next

Return to Anregungen / Suggestions