List of Updates

List of Updates

Postby ciberman » 30.05.2019, 22:47

Hi All,
I am very new to WSUS. I am trying to compile a list of every update that was included in my download. Is it possible to find that list? In addition, is it possible to get a list of all updates applied to one specific machine after installation?

Thank you in advance!
ciberman

Re: List of Updates

Postby Dalai » 30.05.2019, 23:39

ciberman wrote:I am trying to compile a list of every update that was included in my download. Is it possible to find that list?

Check wsusoffline\log\download.log and/or wsusoffline\client\w* directories. The log contains the list of all files that were downloaded for all software (Windows, .NET, C++ and MS Office, Silverlight and so on). The directories contain the actual files.

In addition, is it possible to get a list of all updates applied to one specific machine after installation?

Check Control Panel > Windows Update > View installed updates (or wherever that information can be found in the settings app on Win10). Or consult the log again at C:\Windows\wsusofflineupdate.log.

PS: I merged the two topics into one.

Regards
Dalai
Dalai

Re: List of Updates

Postby ciberman » 17.06.2019, 18:26

perfect this is exactly what I needed. I might script this, if I do I'll post it incase anyone else needs it. Thanks again :D
ciberman

Return to Installation / Updating