How do I install Office updates?

How do I install Office updates?

Postby Hertyr » 07.01.2018, 14:39

Hello, I downloaded a lot of updates for Office 2016, but the update installer doesn't install them. How to install them? I'm using windows 10.
Hertyr

Re: How do I install Office updates?

Postby Dalai » 07.01.2018, 15:43

General info on Office (2013+): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3724
You should check whether or not you have a "normal" Office or a Click2Run one. WSUS Offline only contains updates for the normal one which is almost only used in Enterprise environments (volume licensing). In other words: You most likely have a Click2Run Office that isn't supported by WSUS Offline.

@WSUSUpdateAdmin:
Maybe it's time to change something in regards to Office in WSUS Offline to make clear that it doesn't support the Click2Run stuff.

Regards
Dalai
Dalai

Postby Hertyr » 07.01.2018, 17:44

Dalai wrote:General info on Office (2013+): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3724
You should check whether or not you have a "normal" Office or a Click2Run one. WSUS Offline only contains updates for the normal one which is almost only used in Enterprise environments (volume licensing). In other words: You most likely have a Click2Run Office that isn't supported by WSUS Offline.

@WSUSUpdateAdmin:
Maybe it's time to change something in regards to Office in WSUS Offline to make clear that it doesn't support the Click2Run stuff.

Regards
Dalai

I'm using Office for students, the .edu account one. The post you linked is a bit complicated in me, but I'll try to dig my way through it, thank you.
Hertyr

Postby aker » 07.01.2018, 23:18

Do the following, to check, if you're using a Click2Run version of Office:
Press Windows Key & R.
Enter "appwiz.cpl" (without quotes).
Press OK.
Go to your Office installation.
Click "Modify".
Compare the screen with the picture shown in this post.
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Return to Installation / Updating