WSUSOU Login Loop

WSUSOU Login Loop

Postby InputOutput099 » 03.01.2018, 06:38

Hey forum,
I have done a Win 7 clean install and have used WSUSOU many times without issue until now. This time I had to choose a manual login after installs instead of the usual restart and reboot. It stopped at doing a list of missing updates stating this make take awhile then the command prompt screen disappears and it is back at desktop. When I do a restart, I still have the WOUTempAdmin account and when I login with the other admin account as I did with the interim restarts, the command prompt screen comes up again and the same issue starts all over. One time I thought it was finished because it stated returning power back to regular mode (or something like that.) and ended with the wusus command prompt but the window didn't close and it upon restart... well you can guess by now.

So what I want to know is what happened ? And how can I get WSUSOU to finish and hide away the temp admin account? Does this require me to start all over again with a new clean install?.. :(
Last edited by harry on 03.01.2018, 07:47, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: title adjusted (was "WSUS Login Loop")
InputOutput099

Re: WSUSOU Login Loop

Postby Gerby » 03.01.2018, 11:37

Hello I/O 099,

Please try the procedure that is described in /doc/faq-enu.txt:

Q: I enabled the "automatic reboot and recall" option, and now my PC automatically logs into the "WOUTempAdmin" account. How can I prevent that and revert to my previous account settings?
A: That issue rarely happens. Please help improve the software by submitting a detailed error report, including the preconditions and how to reproduce the error, to the development team.
To "clean up" your OS do the following:
- Cancel running update scripts using <Ctrl>+C;
- Execute the "CleanupRecall.cmd" script in the "cmd" directory, then reboot.

If this doesn't help, try the manual procedure also described there.

Greetz
Gerby
Mach mit - der Übersichtlichkeit wegen! Füge Log-Auszüge als [Code] ein.
Make it clear! Insert log excerpts as [Code].
Gerby

Re: WSUSOU Login Loop

Postby InputOutput099 » 05.01.2018, 03:31

That advice helped, thank you.
InputOutput099

Return to Installation / Updating