Internet Explorer 11 - Prevent interactive window appearing

Internet Explorer 11 - Prevent interactive window appearing

Postby Lothian313 » 01.08.2017, 13:27

Hi

First post on this forum, so hi to everyone and thanks to board moderators for running this forum.

I would like to run WSUSOffline completely silently. When IE11 is installed, it insists on asking if I want to use recommended settings or not. Is there a way to modify this, so that I don't have to click any buttons?

Thanks in advance.

Mike
Lothian313

Re: Internet Explorer 11 - Prevent interactive window appear

Postby Dalai » 01.08.2017, 15:01

Run wsusoffline\client\Update.cmd with the appropriate parameters. The parameters can be - more or less - found in UpdateInstaller.ini, but IIRC there's also a post/topic in the forum about them. Just to give an idea what a script could look like, I'm using this:
Code: Select all
@echo off

pushd %~dp0
call "%~dp0Update.cmd" /updatercerts /updatecpp /skipieinst %*
popd

Regards
Dalai
Dalai

Postby Lothian313 » 01.08.2017, 15:24

Thanks for the reply, Dalai.

Won't the /skipieinst parameter just prevent IE from installing?

In the UpdateInstaller.ini file there is an entry under Messaging for showieinfo=Enabled.
Will changing this to disabled be of any use?

Regards

Mike
Lothian313

Postby Dalai » 01.08.2017, 21:12

Lothian313 wrote:Won't the /skipieinst parameter just prevent IE from installing?

Yes. That's why I wrote what I'm using which doesn't mean that you should use it, at least not without adapting it first to your needs/environment. Remove the /skipieinst parameter and WSUS Offline will install IE11 if it's missing.

In the UpdateInstaller.ini file there is an entry under Messaging for showieinfo=Enabled.

Possibly. I would just try it out; OK, actually I wouldn't try it out because I might have a different view on how to install updates in an unattended manner ;). But I'm sure you get the point.

Regards
Dalai
Dalai

Postby aker » 01.08.2017, 22:44

showieinfo in UpdateInstaller.ini doesn't change anything related to IE's popups. It just regulates, if wsusou's UpdateInstaller warns on outdated IE versions.

I think it might be possible to auto-configure the IE using the IE AdminKit, but I never took a look at that.
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Return to Installation / Updating