WSUS Offline Updater wants to install .NET Framework 4.6.2 o

WSUS Offline Updater wants to install .NET Framework 4.6.2 o

Postby DiZzyDMon » 11.05.2017, 19:17

I just installed .NET Framework on a computer, then ran the latest version of WSUS Offline Updater. It wants to "update" .NET Framework to the previous version (4.6.2) - screenshot attached.

Something to work on for the next release of WSUS Offline Updater.
DiZzyDMon

Re: WSUS Offline Updater wants to install .NET Framework 4.6

Postby Dalai » 11.05.2017, 20:34

DiZzyDMon wrote:I just installed .NET Framework on a computer

Which version of .NET Framework are we talking about? On which OS exactly?

screenshot attached.

I guess you forgot something...

Something to work on for the next release of WSUS Offline Updater.

There's a chance to do so if you can provide more detailed information, see above.

One thing to mention is that .NET Framework 4.7 is not yet installed by WSUS Offline because, on Win7, it requires an additional patch (for some DirectX DLL). Note that WSUS Offline doesn't installs .NET Framework on its own, unless you tell it to by selecting the appropriate checkbox. Installing updates for 4.6.2 shouldn't be a problem because the updates should mostly be generic (within the same CLR) although the file name may suggest otherwise. Or did you get an error message when the update (I'm assuming) was installed? And which update exactly are we talking about, anyway?

Regards
Dalai
Dalai

Re: WSUS Offline Updater wants to install .NET Framework 4.6

Postby RJARPCGP » 13.05.2017, 00:53

Yep, always keeps trying to install .Net Framework 4.6! And thus, always the dreaded errorlevel 1642 response...

And it appears that the update 2636391 (or equivalent) always silently fails, keeps prompting for the 2012 Windows Media update over and over again!

https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/ms12-004
RJARPCGP

Return to Installation / Updating