something wrong with latest wsusscn2.cab?

something wrong with latest wsusscn2.cab?

Postby brad » 17.03.2017, 17:05

I'm having problems across the board using the latest wsusscn2.cab
anyone else seeing this? sig verification failed. downloaded a fresh copy and compared it to the last one.

Last wsusscn2.cab

Latest wsusscn2.cab
brad

Re: something wrong with latest wsusscn2.cab?

Postby Dalai » 17.03.2017, 19:07

Same procedure as every month. Just keep trying until you get a clean/correct/valid copy of wsusscn2.cab. It's the MS servers again that serve different copies of the catalog.

Regards
Dalai
Dalai

Postby aker » 17.03.2017, 23:15

You may use wsusou's "Verify"-option. It prevents wsusou from downloading broken wsusscn2.cab-files. It may cause wsusou to fail sometimes at download, but if the files get downloaded, you can be sure, that they aren't damaged.
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Postby brad » 18.03.2017, 23:32

Dalai wrote:Same procedure as every month. Just keep trying until you get a clean/correct/valid copy of wsusscn2.cab. It's the MS servers again that serve different copies of the catalog.

Regards
Dalai

You're flat out 100% correct! Unfortunately didn't see this until we had to figure it out on our own. Blew my mind. Made some phone calls to colleagues and they patched fine with WSUS. Using the same cab download location. I finally landed on ok this is 100% corrupt when I couldn't extract it, but last month's extracted fine. Used his cab and went back later to redownload to research further and the file was good, they must have some load balancers that do some gnarly things to the .cab

Totally appreciate the info because that answers a whole slew of questions of why a few months back patching from within HPSA (Opsware) was failing with a bad wsusscn2 across 1000 servers.

Thanks guys!
brad

Return to Installation / Updating