ERROR : Medium neither supports your Windows nor your Office

Re: ERROR : Medium neither supports your Windows nor your Of

Postby Hermes » 27.03.2017, 20:08

... mir fällt leider auch keine Lösung ein, aber ein paar Fragen/Ideen habe ich noch:
a) ich hatte u.a. auch die Fehlermeldung 80080005 und bin dann auf diese Webseite gestossen: https://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/2829 ... 6-fix.html
Hier wird ziemlich genau mein Problelm beschrieben. Ich habe geprüft, ob die "C:\Windows\Servicing\Version\x.x.xxxx.xxxxx" mit dem "related string" übereinstimmt, was ja der Fall sein müßte.
Tatsächlich stimmen die Nummern nicht überein!
Die dann notwendigen manuellen Schirtte zur Reparatur sind zwar unten im Text genau beschrieben, aber ich trau mich einfach nicht, es zu ändern, weil ich nicht fit genug bin und fürchte, es nur noch schlimmer zu machen.
b) Du hattest erwähnt ggf. eine Anleitung für DISM zu schreiben, wäre das noch einen Versuch wert?:
"Lässt sich der Servicing Stack installieren?
Bitte zuerst über Doppelklick installieren, falls dies scheitert, schreibe ich noch eine Anleitung für DISM."

Viele Grüße und Danke vorab!

P.S.: Was mache ich mit dem von WSUS automatisch erstellten Admin-User, dessen Passwort ich nicht kenne?
Hermes

Postby Denniss » 27.03.2017, 20:59

Was für Werte stehen denn in diesem Registryschlüssel ?
Hast Du das Systemlaufwerk mal auf Fehler überprüfen lassen ?
Denniss

Postby aker » 28.03.2017, 05:51

Wurde https://support.microsoft.com/de-de/help/971058/how-do-i-reset-windows-update-components schon getestet? Hat letztens bei einem Problem funktioniert, von dem ich es nicht erwartet habe.

Auch CheckSUR ist einen Versuch wert:
https://support.microsoft.com/de-de/help/947821/fix-windows-update-errors-by-using-the-dism-or-system-update-readiness-tool

Anleitung für DISM:
Code: Select all
dism /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:"<Pfad zu einer Update-CAB>"

Dieses Kommando in einer Admin-Eingabeaufforderung eingeben.

Sonst den verlinkten Fix einfach einmal ausprobieren (Registry-Schlüssel vorher als Backup mittels Rechtsklick exportieren), was soll schon schief gehen, mehr als kaputt geht nicht.

Viele Grüße
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Postby Hermes » 29.03.2017, 11:01

Nachdem "Aker", "Denniss" und "Dalai" leider an einer Lösung gescheitert sind, war ich nach einer Woche intensiver Arbeit ziemlich enttäuscht.

Kurz bevor ich das System unter Windows 7 neu aufsetzen wollte, hatte ich allerdings noch eine Idee: Windows 7 kostenlos auf Windows 10 upgraden - das ist weiterhin kostenlos möglich.
Der Download war denkbar einfach: MS-Tool anstossen, warten bis die Dateien heruntergeladen sind und die Installation (vollkommen automatisch) abgeschlossen ist.
Neustart.

Diese Idee erwies sich als genial - nach dem Hochfaren hatte ich Windows 10, sämtliche fehlenden Updaten wurden anschliessend (ebenfalls automatisch) vorgenommen.
Jetzt funktioniert alles wieder einwandfrei !!!

@Aker, Denniss und Dalai:
Dies dürfte ein Tipp für ähnlich hartnäckige Fälle sein - vielen Dank für die Unterstützung! - auch wenn's nichts gebracht hat.
Hermes

Postby boco » 29.03.2017, 13:42

Windows 10? Wenn man werbeverseuchte Spyware mag, ist das sicher eine Möglichkeit...
Microsoft update catalog: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/
Windows Install media download: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media
boco

Postby jeallen01 » 29.03.2017, 17:47

Since I speak little German (Sorry!) I do not know if the following has been seen or explained before:

A few days ago I installed Windows 7 Pro 64 bit on a machine and then tried to run the WSUS offline update (Version 10.9.2) - the Update Generator appeared to work fine, but the Update Installer kept closing with the sort of message that this forum thread is about, and so I then had to do all the updates "manually" via Windows Update.

I then updated the OS to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit (and it automatically activated!) and then I tried the same WSUS offline update files as I had tried with Win 7 Pro - this time, both the Generator AND the Installer worked without any error messages and fully updated the Operating System!

At this moment I have now run the Update Generator again because I have installed MS Office 2010 and that worked fine and so, again, the Update Installer appears to have had no problems in installing the relevant updates to both the OS and to Office because everything worked fine.

From that I am guessing that there could be something in the latest versions of the WSUS offline Update Installer code that "does not like Window 7" (or at least the 64 bit Pro version).
jeallen01

Postby Dalai » 29.03.2017, 18:09

jeallen01 wrote:From that I am guessing that there could be something in the latest versions of the WSUS offline Update Installer code that "does not like Window 7" (or at least the 64 bit Pro version).

That's not the case at all. I'm 100% certain that I'm not the only one (loading and) installing Windows Updates on Windows 7 using WSUS Offline without any issues. So it's not about "not liking" something.

There are a few things that can result in the message "Medium neither supports...", one of them is a corrupted/invalid catalog file, another is missing update files in the appropriate directories for the currently running Windows version (including the correct architecture), and so on. Most of them, if not all, can be checked, but if one doesn't do so, well, there's nothing that can be done now.

Regards
Dalai
Dalai

Postby jeallen01 » 29.03.2017, 18:39

Dalai
OK, I was rather flippant about the Installer code - but the points I was trying to make were:

1) the Windows 7 Pro installation was on a completely blank unpartitioned disk with absolutely nothing on it before the installation.

2) Both the first and second attempt to run WSUS offline update on that installation was done almost immediately after I had installed the raw OS - but it failed on both occasions

3) Therefore I manually updated it via Windows Update. I was VERY carefully to run the Update checker to find all the required updates, and then (after failing twice to install the whole lot in one run) I installed them 10 at a time (there were 200+) and checked after each batch to see if any had failed, and I successfully reran the installation of those that had before I went on the next batch of 10. Surely, therefore, the catalogue of installed updated should have been correct at that point?

Then I reran WSUS offlline update and the update installer still failed.

4) So I took a chance and upgraded the installation to Win 10 Pro, and then, without doing any manual updating via Window Update (and the option has since disappeared anyway), I ran the very same (V10.9.2) copies of the Update Generator and Update Installer - and the Installer worked without any problem at all, as it is did again this afternoon after I installed MS Office 2010.

So, to me, that points to an issue in the latest version of code because I did not have the same problem with updating a Win 10 Pro 32 bit installation some months ago.
jeallen01

Postby Dalai » 29.03.2017, 21:04

jeallen01 wrote:Surely, therefore, the catalogue of installed updated should have been correct at that point?

It's not about a catalog of installed updates but the one released by MS that WSUS Offline uses to determine missing updates. The one that's in every WSUS Offline repository located at wsusoffline\client\wsus\wsusscn2.cab. If this file has an invalid digital signature, updates can't be installed, and might fail with the message this topic is about. Note that it's quite common that this file doesn't have a valid signature, especially on Patch Tuesday and the days after that.

So, in step 4 in which you reran UpdateGenerator, you most probably downloaded the correct catalog, hence WSUS Offline worked without issues updating your Win10 installation.

You can check it in wsusoffline\log\download.log. Not sure whether or not messages about the corrupt catalog will be logged there, but it's worth a try. But without any exact error messages and stuff, there's no way to fix any issue in the code (if there are any).

Regards
Dalai
Dalai

Previous

Return to Installation / Updating