How to start using WSUS Offline?

How to start using WSUS Offline?

Postby Germps112 » 24.01.2017, 16:22

Hy all, its pretty damn new thing to me this manual update thing i use offline win 7 64bit Computer, and i dont know how the right way of doing it works, so i want to get the latest update, does that means that i just need to download the very first update that is new? Or is it that i have to first intsall all of them from 1 -.. up till the latest.. i failed installing it, it says that this Windows is not allowing to update, i dont know why, its confusing .

Thanks, if someone can comment on this.
Last edited by Dalai on 24.01.2017, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made topic title more descriptive/meaningful
Germps112

Re: How to start using WSUS Offline?

Postby Dalai » 24.01.2017, 17:43

There's a lot of documentation in the FAQ which comes with WSUS Offline download (wsusoffline\doc directory), as well as in the forum here.

In short: UpdateGenerator downloads all necessary/available updates for the OSes and software (e.g. MS Office) you choose. You can run this on any system you like, even old/outdated systems running XP or something (although there are some pitfalls when doing so).

UpdateInstaller - located in wsusoffline\client directory - is the second part which installs the updates downloaded by UpdateGenerator. This part must be run on the system you want to update. It will install all missing updates as well as components you selected (.NET, Silverlight etc).

Regards
Dalai
Dalai

Return to Installation / Updating