Keep the Program Up to date & Is there Log for Target PC

Keep the Program Up to date & Is there Log for Target PC

Postby leegold » 21.01.2017, 22:39

Hi,

These questions will show how little I know...but I have to ask.

So I installed and "loaded" wsusoffline on a flash drive, it is about 21GB in size. I will plug this flash drive into target PCs needing updates.

Question: How do I keep it updated on the flash drive? I assume I just run again (UpdateGenerator.exe) and it will check and not download what it already has but will just update/download what is new. Is this correct?

Question: After using it (via the flash drive) on a target PC that may need updates, when it is finished is there a log that will show me exactly what it updated on that PC?

Thank you very much !
leegold

Re: Keep the Program Up to date & Is there Log for Target PC

Postby Dalai » 22.01.2017, 00:12

leegold wrote:I assume I just run again (UpdateGenerator.exe) and it will check and not download what it already has but will just update/download what is new. Is this correct?

Yes. In addition: WSUS Offline will delete superseded updates, the ones which are not needed anymore because they have been replaced by newer ones.

[...] is there a log that will show me exactly what it updated on that PC?

Yep. Check C:\Windows\wsusofflineupdate.log. The updates will also be added to the list Windows Update > View installed updates.

Regards
Dalai
Dalai

Re: Keep the Program Up to date & Is there Log for Target PC

Postby aker » 22.01.2017, 10:56

Programs and Features -> View installed updates
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Return to Installation / Updating