Stuck at Listing id's

Stuck at Listing id's

Postby negg » 20.01.2017, 11:08

I know this takes a while but on a windows 7 64bit on both version 10.8.1 and 10.9 its taking 2 hours and im pretty much cancelling it..... It does not install any scan prerequisites like it does on windows 8.1 so not sure if there is an error in the script some where I was sure that it use to.....

Please can this be looked into....
negg

Re: Stuck at Listing id's

Postby Dalai » 20.01.2017, 15:34

Can you please post the contents of wsusoffline\client\static\StaticUpdateIds-wupre-w61.txt and the last run logged in C:\Windows\wsusofflineupdate.log?

Regards
Dalai
Dalai

Postby negg » 20.01.2017, 16:54

Ive got it working I must have had a bad windows 7 install as it was not checking for prerequisites for some reason using an old dvd it works fine although I had to install sp1 :(. Think I need to make a new windows 7 media...
negg

Postby kb53 » 25.01.2017, 02:48

Found solution to this happened when I was updating Windows 7.
It hangs if you do not have Internet Explorer 11 installed.
Its supposed to install IE11 but mine never would, it would say to restart, but no IE11.
Of course first be sure your NOT updating with the built in one, by going to Control Panel, Windows Update, and Click on Change how I get updates, and set it to NEVER.

The solution for me was to get the Standalone IE11 direct from Microsoft.
Run it and it puts in the essential stuff and installs. Then restart windows. After that it now has IE11.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... tails.aspx

Here and install per your windows, of course, select whatever version of windows. Would only be for WIndows 7 or 8 since Windows 10 uses EDGE which is already installed.
So I did this, rebooted, ran IE to check, then relaunched the Update program.
Then it goes to the ID check but did not freeze this time, in fact only took about 30 minutes, but it
went past it and now it is installing all the rest.

I do not use the autoreboot feature, and incidentally I did initially and that failed, while it seemed to work but did not.
Now I see it is installing 128 updates. But then I did already have SP1 version of Windows 7 so that took away some of them.

And Ican say my computer is SLOW. It is 2.5gn ram, and old single core Athlon 64. I can go to 4gb but did not have those laying around, so only have 1GBX2 and 512mbX2 sticks installed.
Once you get all these updates, you wont experience the 100% CPU hogging. WSUS uses almost no CPU hogging, so it is just worth it to use it on older systems period.
kb53

Return to Installation / Updating