Update not continuing

Update not continuing

Postby woppeens » 04.01.2017, 11:38

Hi everyone,

I am trying to install updates on a laptop with Vista x86, yesterday I started WSUS Offline Update which took 15 hours to list IDs of missing updates.
In the morning it started applying a few updates and I already set the "restart and recall" option so it would continue where it left after a restart.

The laptop restarted, I logged in but WSUS Offline Update did not pop up. I restarted WSUSOU manually, but again it started listing ids of missing updates - which probably will take another 15 hours and I do not have the time for this.

I have done most things which should speed up the listing such as disabling auto updates of Windows, restarting services and such but to no avail.

Anyone here have any idea what to do?
woppeens

Re: Update not continuing

Postby Dalai » 04.01.2017, 14:35

Check this post by lmacri in the VistaX64 forums and install all of the six updates listed in there. Although WSUS Offline should have installed all of those scan prerequisite updates, it might not be able to avoid the long search time. There have been reports that the updates I list on my site helped, too.

Note that it's likely going to get worse for Vista since it's near EOL and will be out of support in April.

Regards
Dalai
Dalai

Re: Update not continuing

Postby aker » 04.01.2017, 22:51

Do you have a log file (C:\Windows\wsusofflineupdate.log) for us?
Please post its content in [Code]-tags here.
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Return to Installation / Updating