Unable to login in WOUTempAdmin on window 8.1

Unable to login in WOUTempAdmin on window 8.1

Postby hazeqimran » 14.12.2016, 14:27

Hi,

As you can see,I have a problem with WOUTempAdmin can't be log in. At first I tried using my own acc password but it failed. I left my laptop installing update using the WSUSOffline app with WOUTempAdmin(I enable Automatic reboot and recall at UpdateInstaller.exe) because the WOUTempAdmin automatically login in so I thought there's no password for it it and when out for a few hours. Then,when I return,I saw my laptop on user login in screen page with WOUTempAdmin acc on it. I had read some forum and restart my laptop and I'm able to login in to my acc but also there's WOUTempAdmin acc. I read a forum which the WSUSAdmin post a solution to find the password by browsing to ...\wsusoffline\client\cmd\CreateUpdateAndEnableAutoLogon.vbs .

He posted this snipet code from the .vbs regarding the password:
strResult = "!Wou_" & Int(90000 * Rnd) + 10000
objWOUTempAdmin.SetPassword strResult

Here's the link: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5527

My question is,how can I find the password for the WOUTempAdmin to login in from the .vbs and please tell me throughly since I'm no tech savvy. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I tried to run the .vbs using my acc on cmd to see whether it can some how show the password but there's line that come out on the cmd:
ERROR: User account 'WOUTempAdmin' already exists.
hazeqimran

Re: Unable to login in WOUTempAdmin on window 8.1

Postby aker » 14.12.2016, 19:11

It's impossible to recover the password for WSUSUpdateAdmin. It's created to pass thorugh passwords requirenments and to enable autologon and deleted afterwards. I'd recommend you to use .\client\cmd\CleanupRecall.cmd to remove WOUTempAdmin and retry wsusou afterwards.
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Re: Unable to login in WOUTempAdmin on window 8.1

Postby hazeqimran » 16.12.2016, 05:01

Hi Aker, thanks for the solution.

I run CleanupRecall.cmd as Administrator and it does remove WOUTempAdmin acc from my laptop. Again, thank you for the solution.
hazeqimran

Return to Installation / Updating