Installation stuck using wsusoffline 1073

Re: Installation stuck using wsusoffline 1073

Postby anita » 21.08.2016, 01:33

So since my problem seemed to be getting stuck while searching for updates, I googled it, and tried different things. The thing is, I'm not certain on how of all the things I've tried, but I could manage to install manually that update that was stuck on downloading with wsus (KB3172605). It asked me to reboot the computer and I did.
I got my hopes up so I tried wsus again, and it seemed to be working beautifully. It could not only search for the updates but it could install them. However! I guess cause I set windows update to never search for updates (I changed that setting some days ago, hoping to make wsus work), now instead of telling me it was all done, it says:
Code: Select all
Starting WSUS Offline Update (v. 10.7.3) at 21:18:59,36...
Checking user's privileges...
Determining system's properties...
Determining Windows licensing info...
Found Microsoft Windows version: 6.1.7601.23455 (w61 x64 enu sp1)
Found Microsoft Windows Software Licensing Management Tool info...
Name: Windows(R) 7, HomePremium edition
Description: Windows Operating System - Windows(R) 7, OEM_COA_NSLP channel
Partial Product Key: X3TWH
License Status: Licensed
Found Microsoft Office 2010 Word version: 14.0.7171.5002 (o2k10 x86 esn sp2)
Checking medium content...
Medium build date: 20/08/2016
Medium supports Microsoft Windows (w61 x64 glb).
Medium does not support Microsoft Office (ofc glb).
Disabling screensaver...
Checking Windows Service Pack version...
Checking Windows Installer version...
Checking Windows Script Host version...
Checking Internet Explorer version...
Checking Windows Management Framework installation state...
Checking Windows Defender installation state...
Determining Windows Defender definition file version...
Installing Windows Defender definition file...
Verifying integrity of ..\wddefs\x64-glb\mpas-feX64.exe...
hashdeep64.exe: Audit passed
Installing ..\wddefs\x64-glb\mpas-feX64.exe...
Checking Office Service Pack versions...
Checking Windows Update scan prerequisites...
Installing Windows Update scan prerequisites...
Installing update 1 of 1 (stage size: 160)...
Verifying integrity of ..\w61-x64\glb\windows6.1-kb3177725-x64_5ef1686ff52c72e70
2bc52e7fae355a0d67fee91.cab...
hashdeep64.exe: Audit passed
Installing ..\w61-x64\glb\windows6.1-kb3177725-x64_5ef1686ff52c72e702bc52e7fae35
5a0d67fee91.cab...

Installation successful. Please reboot your system now and recall Update afterwa
rds.

Ending WSUS Offline Update at 21:25:20,46...

C:\Users\Leo\Desktop\wsusoffline\client\cmd>

I'm not certain what does it mean by 'recall update afterwards'? Should I just close the cmd window and reboot it normally? I really wish I would've tried it earlier not this late lol I guess it's gonna work either way, but I'm not sure if I should simply click on the X to close that window, or if I did that it would ruin anything. Or if I should do anything specific after I reboot it.
anita

Postby boco » 21.08.2016, 04:55

That line means that WSUSOU is not complete, yet, but needs a reboot. Some updates cannot be installed until others are correctly registered.
So, reboot the PC and then simply run it again. Repeat until it does not ask for a recall anymore.
Microsoft update catalog: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/
Windows Install media download: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media
boco

Postby anita » 22.08.2016, 00:58

boco wrote:That line means that WSUSOU is not complete, yet, but needs a reboot. Some updates cannot be installed until others are correctly registered.
So, reboot the PC and then simply run it again. Repeat until it does not ask for a recall anymore.

Oh thank you! I will. I thought so but wasn't certain if I should run the updategenerator again :s Thank you!
anita

Postby boco » 22.08.2016, 04:57

Not the Generator, but the Installer!
Microsoft update catalog: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/
Windows Install media download: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media
boco

Postby anita » 22.08.2016, 17:41

boco wrote:Not the Generator, but the Installer!

Yeah, thank you for letting me know! Instinctively I would've ran the generator again lol :s
The program continued doing what it was doing after I ran the installer again and it installed them all! Setting the WU to never search for updates did the trick even if it required that reboot, it could install every missing update. Many thanks!!!
anita

Postby AlexMossel » 12.11.2016, 13:12

Hi there,

Today (very early) I got stuck with the same problem. I noticed that during the execution of the script, there was a message that it couldn't find the IE11 file, due to the language installed in W7, Dutch, in my case. When I started the installer, there was a message box telling me that IE11 would be installed first. As all my update problems started after installing Windows Update Agent V 7.6.7600.320 I suddenly remembered something about this installer using Active X. However, the system had IE8 installed and trying to update to IE9 or later had failed. So what I did was checking the box install .NET 4.6.1, hoping that it would include the Active X component. So I switched of automatic updates completely and gave it an other try (after rebooting). And lo and behold, the installation went flawless. Right now I'm installing the remaining updates trough Windows update and it works! Hope that this works for you too!
AlexMossel

Postby maxj47 » 23.11.2016, 18:42

boco wrote:Not the Generator, but the Installer!

The problem is that the output messages from the first run of UpdateInstaller.exe never actually refer to the correct name ... namely, UpdateInstaller.exe. Yes, they do say to "recall Update", but that gave me very little confidence that I had even executed the correct command the first time, much less the second time.
Can someone change the output message at the end of the first run to say "recall UpdateInstaller.exe"? Some might consider this to be a trivial issue, but I don't. I ran into a confusion very similar to anita's. Since the log was telling me to "recall Update", I said to myself, "Well, I guess there is a command called Update that I should have executed the first time, so now I have to do this all over again!" Then I found a command called DoUpdate.cmd and I was worried that maybe that was the command that the instructions were referring to.

I would not have felt confident re-executing UpdateInstaller.exe until I saw your reply to anita.

Anyway, just my two cents' worth. Thanks.

maxj47
maxj47

Previous

Return to Installation / Updating