WSUS Offline Updater RecallStub Prompt

WSUS Offline Updater RecallStub Prompt

Postby reclusivereclusiarch » 05.01.2016, 10:12

Hi there, I'm new to this forum and I just wanna share a few problems that I've been having. Hopefully we can solve them together.

Firstly it is the RecallStub.cmd prompt. I've already set the program to auto-reboot and recall the program, but it consistently always asks me for approval to run it before it does. It is annoying as I leave several of my systems on overnight, trusting that the program will run smoothly but instead I'm encountering this problems, and it always prompts after the system restarts itself when the program prompts the system to restart.

Secondly, I notice that the installation of the Windows Updates are taking far longer than expected. I'm talking about taking an entire day to actually install the updates. Is this normal? Or have I been doing something wrong?

Hope to hear from you soon.
reclusivereclusiarch

Re: WSUS Offline Updater RecallStub Prompt

Postby aker » 05.01.2016, 15:12

Rename .\cmd\UpdateOU.cmd to UpdateOU.new and start a new download run. This should fix that problem.
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Postby reclusivereclusiarch » 06.01.2016, 02:32

Thanks for the reply!

I started my installer yesterday since 3pm and ran it overnight (on a fresh install of Windows). This morning at 9am its still running 3 out of 5 updates... is it normally supposed to take this long? Do you have any idea why the installer is so slow though?
Last edited by harry on 06.01.2016, 10:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: summarized 2 posts
reclusivereclusiarch

Postby infernovip » 06.01.2016, 12:53

Force reboot from windows and when system start WSUSoffline should start again and install update quick.
I had this same problem 4 times that some updates didnt want to install untill i reboot computer. Finally i used autopatcher and after that wsus work with no problem.
infernovip

Postby aker » 06.01.2016, 13:57

With the newest Update (Version 10.3.1), the slow search issue should be fixed.
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

aker

Postby infernovip » 07.01.2016, 00:51

Im testing new WSUSOU on windows 10 x64 and one of the problems still exist...
for about 30+ minutes listing updates
Attachments
windows 10x64wsusou.PNG
(52.32 KiB) Not downloaded yet
infernovip

Postby reclusivereclusiarch » 07.01.2016, 03:08

Hi everyone, I'm not talking about the listing of updates.

I"m talking about the installation of updates. Particularly the 1 to 9 updates and the 1 to 5 updates.

For my systems, they take over 2 days to install, which is kinda ridiculous if you ask me.
reclusivereclusiarch

Postby aker » 07.01.2016, 06:08

@reclusivereclusiarch
Please upload the file C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\DISM.log somewhere and post a link to it here.

@infernovip
Soes Windows Update take that long, too?
aker

aker

Postby infernovip » 07.01.2016, 11:05

@reclusivereclusiarch
for your issue like i wrote erlier you need to force system restart.
then when system start again the wsusou will start automaticly and the update that was hang will install in few secounds i had this 4 times.

@aker

like you see one of the problems "listing updates" still exist.
For about hour (SSD drive) listing updates was working? or hanging i don't know... i was angry and i started to hitting "enter key" on keyboard and than listing moved on console and detected missing updates and installed update. it was strange... like my enter hitting help on some way i don't think it was coincidence, i really think i help but i don't know why... maybe console (cmd) state on black window didnt refresh correctly or maybe whan i was hitting enter then i stopped some process and listing updates finished earlier... i dont know.
infernovip

Postby aker » 08.01.2016, 12:26

@infernovip
wsusou doesn't wait for any user interaction. So I think, you just pressed the button, when WUA finished searching.
aker

aker

Next

Return to Installation / Updating