Installation of Update

Installation of Update

Postby Enlightx » 02.04.2014, 23:11

I am trying to get some information regarding updating fresh installs of a Windows 7 SP1 disc.

I have downloaded all updates via Wsus

I then backup onto a USB Drive plus this into the new computer and run program as administrator.

I select all installation tickboxes as well as Verify Installation packages and automatic reboot and recall.

i am getting were eventually the computer reboots to a desktop with no message saying completed, finished or done.

I am doing something incorrect?

Other question is Should the system be activated before installing updates ? (does a non activated machine refuse some updates??)
Enlightx

Re: Installation of Update

Postby aker » 03.04.2014, 05:34

wsusou does not generate a "finished"-message, if the autoreboot-option is enabled. If you want to check, which updates were instaled, please take a look at C:\Windows\wsusofflineupdate.log.

The system does not need to be activated to be able to use wsusou, but it must not be a pirated version of Windows.
A pirated version may be unbootable / damaged after the installation of the updates.
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Return to Installation / Updating