Start-Stop-Pause Program?

Start-Stop-Pause Program?

Postby vzr » 20.03.2014, 20:35

Hello. Any way to pause or start/stop the WSUS program and continue from where it left off at a later date? thank you.
vzr

Re: Start-Stop-Pause Program?

Postby aker » 20.03.2014, 22:21

I wouldn't stop the download process as this might create damaged installation files.
If you want to pause download, kill "UpdateGenerator.exe" using Task Manager and wait for Downloadupdates.cmd to complete its current download operation.
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Re: Start-Stop-Pause Program? + more detail

Postby vzr » 21.03.2014, 14:23

hello aker. will I then be able to continue the remainder of the download at a later time? I ask because we needed to stop at a point and want to continue later. The download looked to be at the middle of the following below and we restarted again and it began from the beginning of the download.

I also notice that a "Warning: Integrity database ..\client\md\hashes-win-glb.txt not found" is not found. This error has been from the beginning.

on the Main WSUS screen can I also select an additional option or will it force a brand new download? Example: Currently I do not have 'create ISO Image' selected, can I still select this option?

Can you explain what 'per selected language, 'x86-cross-product'?

Do you know how long it would take to "verify download update? Is it as long as the downloads itself of shorter time?

Thank You.

Here is the log.

Info: Starting WSUS Offline Update download (v. 9.0) for wxp enu
Info: Option /excludesp detected
Info: Option /nocleanup detected
Info: Option /verify detected
Info: Option /exitonerror detected
Info: Set time zone to LOC4:00
Info: Updated static download definitions
Info: Downloaded/validated mkisofs tool
Info: Found sigcheck.exe version 2.3.0.0 (common options: /accepteula -q -c)
Info: Verified integrity of Windows Update Agent installation and catalog files
Info: Downloaded/validated most recent Windows Update Agent installation and catalog files
Info: Verified digital file signatures of Windows Update Agent installation and catalog files
Info: Created integrity database for Windows Update Agent installation and catalog files
Warning: Integrity database ..\client\md\hashes-win-glb.txt not found
Info: Determined static update urls for win glb
Info: Found valid list of superseded updates
Info: Determined dynamic update urls for win glb

thank you.
vzr

Postby aker » 21.03.2014, 20:47

vzr wrote:will I then be able to continue the remainder of the download at a later time?

Yes, you are. It will restart from beginning, but it won't download files, which were downloaded in the previous run. (it will be faster)

vzr wrote:I also notice that a "Warning: Integrity database ..\client\md\hashes-win-glb.txt not found" is not found. This error has been from the beginning.

The message will disappear after a complete download run.

vzr wrote:Currently I do not have 'create ISO Image' selected, can I still select this option?

It will do a complete run, but it will only download new files (so it will be faster).

vzr wrote:Can you explain what 'per selected language, 'x86-cross-product'?

It will create an image for all x86 (32bit) products (wxp, w61, w62, o2k10, ...)

vzr wrote:Do you know how long it would take to "verify download update?

Up to 3 minutes per product (depends on your computer speed, the number of updates, etc.)
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Postby vzr » 21.03.2014, 22:31

hello aker. thank you for the responses.

As for the creating an .iso from this point forward, will it be able to 'see' the older files in the folders add them and/or is there a way to add them to the iso. As you stated, 'it will do a complete run, but it will only download new files.'

Will now work through your direction and see how we do.

thank you.
vzr

Postby boco » 22.03.2014, 00:31

The ISO creation is fed through the update repository, it will get all updates that have been downloaded and aren't filtered (because the are for a different product or you did not select them). In other words: You can create an ISO at any time, but I recommend you do make sure the update repository is current.
Microsoft update catalog: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/
Windows Install media download: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media
boco

Return to Installation / Updating