Latest win8 updates fail on install

Latest win8 updates fail on install

Postby snadge » 15.12.2013, 16:09

I have tried everything, downloading WSUS 8.8 again, generating the updates again... but every time I do ever since Thursday 12th (since new windows 8 updates were released the Tuesday before Im thinking) I can not complete an update install on any new windows 8 laptop (Acer, HP, Toshiba, Lenovo) - it completes, reboots then gets to 95% configuring and then says something along the lines of "error installing updates reversing changes" and proceeds to spend about 30 minutes undoing all the changes... I kept a copy of my OLD version (before I generated new updates) and that works fine (last updated last week sometime) - so the only difference is the new updates themselves that have been pulled from MS by WSUS 8.8

can anyone else replicate this?

a windows 8 laptop run for the first time then WSUS run on it...

thanks
snadge

Re: Latest win8 updates fail on install

Postby aker » 15.12.2013, 16:57

Please post the content of C:\Windows\wsusofflineupdate.log.
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Postby snadge » 10.01.2014, 22:56

Hi

Thanks for the reply, I will try to get a log file for you, I notice that someone else has reported a similar issue on another thread, I have since tried again with fresh download and again it fails on all new laptops I use it on, these are various HP, Acer, Packard Bell and Toshiba laptops fresh from factory, Ive done it on about 8 or 9 different new machines, I turn them on, setup windows then run WSUSoffline, it completes the install, reboots, gets to 95% completed then says update failed and begins to reverse it all.

On my last attempt when it failed and reversed the changes I thought I would try it again on the same laptop and each update install was reporting an error:

DISM Failed: error 0x800f0b1f

...but as I say this was after the failed attempt on the same laptop.

If I run the old version I have which doesnt have Decembers updates on there is no issue... when I run the new version which includes Decembers updates it fails..
snadge

Postby snadge » 19.03.2014, 14:43

I just wanted to say I have tried since V9 and this time it reboots fine for the recall ...but again when its completely done windows 8/8.1 starts to "undo" the changes saying there was an error... it does this on all brand new win8 laptops out the box...

i know i need to get the log, promise will get it next time. just work has me really busy
snadge

Postby aker » 19.03.2014, 16:41

Did you enable verification in UpdateGenerator? If not, please enable it for download and installation to check, whether some files are damaged.
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Return to Installation / Updating