Office Update stalled at listing IDs

Office Update stalled at listing IDs

Postby akirson » 17.11.2013, 22:40

This is a fresh install of XPSP3 and Windows/Microsoft Update would not work - it sat for two days checking for updates before I rebooted. I tried all the fixes I could find on the net, none worked, so I decided to try the offline update.

I ran wsus for XP and Office 2007, and generated isos for both. The one for XP completed successfully in about an hour, but the one for Office has stalled at "listing ids for missing updates" - it has been over 3 hours with no progress. Examining the running processes with ProcessExplorer shows svchost taking about 50% of cpu, with processes wscntfy.exe and wuaclt.exe in its tree.

This is very similar to the situation when I tried to run windows update, so I am wondering whether the update will continue at all?

Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
akirson

Re: Office Update stalled at listing IDs

Postby akirson » 18.11.2013, 02:44

It is still stuck at listing ids for missing updates - this is for the Office 2007 update.

Is there a way to stop listing and force it to go ahead and install all updates, regardless? I just want to get past the update stage so that I can continue to restore the user files and applications.
akirson

Re: Office Update stalled at listing IDs

Postby aker » 18.11.2013, 06:41

:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3927&start=10#p12261

There is a problem with the Windows Update Agent, Internet Explorer and newer versions of the file wsusscn2.cab.

Please update your version of wsusou to version 8.8 to fix this problem.
Last edited by harry on 18.11.2013, 09:51, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: replace trunk with version 8.8
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Return to Installation / Updating