Missing logfile

Re: Missing logfile

Postby minga » 26.09.2013, 11:27

Hello:

aker wrote:... start UpdateInstaller, not UpdateGenerator.

Ahh ...
Sorry, my bad.
Got it now.

Another question ...

WSUSUpdateAdmin wrote:WSUS Offline Update uses Microsoft's update catalog file wsusscn2.cab to dynamically determine the required patches. This catalog file contains at least all the updates classified as "critical" and "security relevant", but it does not necessarily contain all "important" and "optional" ones.

This I understand.

I originally ran into some problems with the XPSP3 CD I compiled with the RVM Integrator (some problem with the original source CD) but I was able to fix my installation with WSUS, very happy about that.

Is there a source where I can find a complete list of the 'rest' of the updates so I can choose what to add to the WSUS installation?

XP will very soon fall into the void of the unsupported OSs but I have no immediate plans to migrate to other one and I'd like to be able to put together a 'complete' repository for my use, the same way I did with W98SE and W2000 so I can push forward a bit longer.

Thanks in advance,

CIV
minga

Re: Missing logfile

Postby aker » 26.09.2013, 16:34

Microsoft does not provide a conplete list of all updates, so you cannot do so.
But, what you can do, is (when the XP support end), open Microsoft Update and write all patches, it lists. Then add the download links and the ID to wsusou, so it will install them. For a HowTo please take a look at .\doc\faq-enu.txt.

[edit]Install all updates, you can install using wsusou, before you open Micosoft Update, so you do not have the same update two times in your repository (one by static definition, another one dynamic determined using wsusscn2.cab)[/edit]
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Previous

Return to Installation / Updating