UPDATE HELP

UPDATE HELP

Postby bobsherman » 02.05.2013, 03:42

Hello,

I am trying to update windows 8 pro 64. It is a version that has been modified and many services disabled or stopped for better audio. I get this error message when I try to install the updates. Any help would be appreciated.

regards
Bob

Code: Select all
Starting WSUS Offline Update (v. 8.3) at 19:46:33.15...
Checking user's privileges...
Determining system's properties...

ERROR: Unsupported Operating System language.

Ending WSUS Offline Update at 19:46:33.45...

C:\Users\bob music\Desktop\wsusoffline83\wsusoffline\client\cmd>
bobsherman

Re: UPDATE HELP

Postby aker » 02.05.2013, 05:54

Did you disable Windows Script Host or WMI?
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Postby bobsherman » 02.05.2013, 07:10

Hi,

I am not sure. Though the person who made the disk probably did. How can I reinstall them?

thanks
Bob
bobsherman

Postby sherndo » 02.05.2013, 15:05

I have not used Windows 8 before, but after googling around a bit, it seems as if configuring services on Windows 8 is the same as windows 7. Navigate to windows Run (shortcut by pressing the windows key+r), type in services.msc and hit enter. From there you will need to search through the services and find the one that is named Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI). **Do not mess with the service titled WMI Performance Adapter** Now doubl click the service Windows Management Instrumentation and check to see if it is enabled or disabled.

As for the Windows Script Host (WSH), that is an executable built into windows. If it was disabled, it would have been disabled through the registry. The following key controls WSH: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows Script Host\Settings\Enabled

If this key does not exist, then that means WSH is enabled. However, if it does exist and the dword is set to 0 it means the WSH is disabled. Refer to the following link for WSH

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee198684.aspx
sherndo

Postby bobsherman » 02.05.2013, 18:38

I turned on the WMI and it is running! I am getting some errors, bu I think they are installing.

thanks for the help!

regards
Bob
bobsherman

Postby aker » 02.05.2013, 21:25

Tell me about the errors and maybe you will be able to fix them.
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Postby bobsherman » 02.05.2013, 22:26

Starting WMI worked! Thanks very much! :)

regards
Bob
bobsherman

Return to Installation / Updating