Win 7 user log in problem “WOUTempAdmin”

Win 7 user log in problem “WOUTempAdmin”

Postby rohitshakti » 04.03.2013, 12:32

Hi friends,

I installed Win 7 ultimate and tried to update it via wsus software for doing offline update of my Win7. Wsus asked me if I want to start my pc many times manually or it should automatically do this for me which I clicked / marked but when the pc booted it showed me the error given on the 1st snap. Then I tried to remove the wsus files where were stored in win 7 C: directory which are shown in image 2nd and I even deleted the wsus software for booting the windows properly, but the error is coming again & again. I am able to go inside windows via switching to other user which is default created at the time of installation of Win7. My current user a/cs are shown in snap 3.

Pls tell how to remove the “WOUTempAdmin” log on screen and make my screen of sehgals & kids as default for logging to Win 7?

Thanks in advance…..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

rohitshakti

Re: Win 7 user log in problem “WOUTempAdmin”

Postby harry » 04.03.2013, 13:04

Welcome rohitshakti!

Please see ...\doc\faq-enu.txt:
Q: I enabled the "automatic reboot and recall" option, and now my PC automatically logs into the "WOUTempAdmin" account. How can I prevent that and revert to my previous account settings?
A: That issue rarely happens. Please help improve the software by submitting a detailed error report, including the preconditions and how to reproduce the error, to the development team.
To "clean up" your OS do the following:
- Cancel running update scripts using <Ctrl>+C;
- Execute the "CleanupRecall.cmd" script in the "cmd" directory, then reboot.

If it still won't work, follow this guide:
- Log off the "WSUSAdmin" account. While doing this, hold the <Shift> key to prevent automatic login and show the Logon screen instead.
- Log on the "Administrator" account (or an account with administrative rights).
- Check for the existence of a file named "%SystemRoot%\wsusbak-winlogon.reg".
- If the file exists, start the registry editor ([Start - Run...] regedit) and delete the key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon". Then merge the backed up values back into the registry by double-clicking the "%SystemRoot%\wsusbak-winlogon.reg" file and confirming the prompt. Then you can delete that file.
- If the file doesn't exist, start the registry editor ([Start - Run...] regedit) and modify some values of the key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" as follows:
- DefaultUserName: Administrator (or another user account of your choice)
- DefaultPassword: Delete value
- AutoAdminLogon: Delete value
- ForceAutoLogon: Delete value
- Delete the "WOUTempAdmin" account using the "User accounts" Control Panel item.
- Delete the user profile files if they still exist (2000/XP: C:\Documents and Settings, Vista/7: C:\Users).
- Reboot.
harry

Postby rohitshakti » 05.03.2013, 08:35

harry wrote:Welcome rohitshakti!

Please see ...\doc\faq-enu.txt:
Q: I enabled the "automatic reboot and recall" option, and now my PC automatically logs into the "WOUTempAdmin" account. How can I prevent that and revert to my previous account settings?
A: That issue rarely happens. Please help improve the software by submitting a detailed error report, including the preconditions and how to reproduce the error, to the development team.
To "clean up" your OS do the following:
- Cancel running update scripts using <Ctrl>+C;
- Execute the "CleanupRecall.cmd" script in the "cmd" directory, then reboot.

If it still won't work, follow this guide:
- Log off the "WSUSAdmin" account. While doing this, hold the <Shift> key to prevent automatic login and show the Logon screen instead.
- Log on the "Administrator" account (or an account with administrative rights).
- Check for the existence of a file named "%SystemRoot%\wsusbak-winlogon.reg".
- If the file exists, start the registry editor ([Start - Run...] regedit) and delete the key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon". Then merge the backed up values back into the registry by double-clicking the "%SystemRoot%\wsusbak-winlogon.reg" file and confirming the prompt. Then you can delete that file.
- If the file doesn't exist, start the registry editor ([Start - Run...] regedit) and modify some values of the key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" as follows:
- DefaultUserName: Administrator (or another user account of your choice)
- DefaultPassword: Delete value
- AutoAdminLogon: Delete value
- ForceAutoLogon: Delete value
- Delete the "WOUTempAdmin" account using the "User accounts" Control Panel item.
- Delete the user profile files if they still exist (2000/XP: C:\Documents and Settings, Vista/7: C:\Users).
- Reboot.

I think you missed that I have told that I have deleted the wsus folder as said above and still the error is there....?
[edit]
I think you have not gone through my post properly, I have deleted the folder wsus which were having the updates to solve the user log in problem....
[/edit]
Last edited by harry on 05.03.2013, 13:39, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: combined two posts
rohitshakti

Postby Gerby » 05.03.2013, 13:32

Hello rohitshakti!

Please unpack the WSUS Offline Update files again, open a command line with elevated rights (as Administrator), and follow the steps shown in the procedure from the FAQ. The mentioned script is located in the client\cmd\ subdirectory.

Greetings
Gerby
Mach mit - der Übersichtlichkeit wegen! Füge Log-Auszüge als [Code] ein.
Make it clear! Insert log excerpts as [Code].
Gerby

Return to Installation / Updating