Updating contents from an older WSUS copy

Updating contents from an older WSUS copy

Postby gautxori » 09.02.2013, 02:36

Hi,

Does Wsusoffline (7.5) remove old & unneeded files when updating an older download created with a previous version?
I have a Wsusoffline 6.x download with a lot of files already downloaded; I tried to download new Windows updates into that folder with version 7.5, and i get some duplicates.
Is there any way (script) to avoid downloading already existing files? Otherwise, is there any way (script) to get the tree of files that Wsusoffline (7.5/8) would create inside a folder, so that i could mirror existing files to that tree before download and avoid downloading them twice?

Thanks.
gautxori

Re: Updating contents from an older WSUS copy

Postby aker » 09.02.2013, 08:18

Just unpack the ZIP file into your existing structure and overwrite all files or use the script UpdateOU.cmd in the "cmd" directory.
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Postby gautxori » 14.02.2013, 21:10

Not really: UpdateOU.cmd does not help for what I intend to do. And the folder structure for WSUSOffline 6.x does not match the one in 8.x (moreover, in 8.x many files are in cab format, and in 6.x they were .exe files)

Can anybody help?
gautxori

Postby aker » 14.02.2013, 22:04

Thats just the office part of the download. Just use UpdateOU.cmd to updatenyour version of wsusou, then run UpdateGenerator to update your local repository.
This is caused by a new mechanism of determining office updates. In older versions they were statical linked in text documents and then downloaded. Now WSUSUpdateAdmin and the members of the forum found a way to determine them dynamical. But those links are CAB files instead of EXE files.
You need to run the download again to get the newest patches in CAB format.
Also wsusou will cleanup your client directory and structure, if you told UpdateGeneratormto do so.
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Return to Installation / Updating