Problems here

Problems here

Postby flyboynm » 13.09.2012, 03:09

I am trying to install and use WSUS Offline after a hard drive failure. I have downloaded the software and get an error saying that a new version is available. I have the most recent version running. When I run update generator for any OS, I get "Error downloading/verifying updates for xxx enu. Would you like to view the log file now?"

This comes up as soon as I click on start. I cannot get any updates to go. Suggestions?
flyboynm

Re: Problems here

Postby boco » 13.09.2012, 05:08

Did you actually extract all the files from the ZIP file? Even though Windows shows the ZIP archive as directory, you cannot run the tool directly from there.
Microsoft update catalog: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/
Windows Install media download: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media
boco

Postby flyboynm » 13.09.2012, 13:21

I have extracted both "trunk" and "wsus offline" into one folder and into separate folders. No other zip files are found. I run the tool from both the "combined" folder and individual folders and get the same error. What I am missing here? I have used this tool previously without any issues.
flyboynm

Postby Gerby » 13.09.2012, 14:56

Hi flyboynm!
flyboynm wrote:I have extracted both "trunk" and "wsus offline" [...]

It's not quite clear, which version of WSUS offline you're using. The latest release is 7.4.2, which you can download from here. However, you seem to be mixing up things that don't belong together by using a trunk from the development repository. You cannot use the contents of a trunk zip file directly, you rather have to do some preparing steps before using it. If you are sure about using a trunk version, take a look into this thread, for example.

Greetz
Gerby
Mach mit - der Übersichtlichkeit wegen! Füge Log-Auszüge als [Code] ein.
Make it clear! Insert log excerpts as [Code].
Gerby

Return to Installation / Updating